Thread: Hiccups?

Default Hiccups?

Hi guys,

Quick question, twice this weekend I was lying in bed and felt what I thought was baby moving. I put my hand on my belly and it felt like a constant little tap. I said to hubby it felt like a heartbeat because it was kind of regular (though I knew it wasn't this). This morning when it happened I was thinking maybe it's hiccups?
    Is that what it should feel like? IF not, what was my baby doing in there!?

apple, when I was pg I felt the bub have the hiccups daily! It was right down in my pelvis, and like you said a regular tap, tap, tap. I grew to love it! And you know, Emma is quite a hiccuppy baby now too! I think its cute!

Kirsty77 Guest

Yep I had the same thing and Gemma is a hiccupy bub now too!

Melinda Guest

Jacob would get the hiccups several times a day in-utero!! And he used to get the hiccups when he was born too - very cute!

Aww, how cute! Someone had told me that when the baby hiccups your whole belly kind of jolts... so I thought maybe it hasnt hicups, as it was just a tapping feeling!
    I'll have to keep an eye out for it again!

It probably depends on the position of the baby as to how much it makes your tummy move apple. but if it is regular like that, i'm not really sure what else it could be?

Yep our little girl hiccups a couple, sometimes three, times a day. They can last up to 15min. It is very cute when she does it, although she doesn't seem to like it too much. Each time she has them, she moves about.

Hmmm, wonder if she will be a hiccupy baby..................

Yep definitley sounds like hiccups to me. Nicholas used to get hiccups a lot when I was pg with him, actually he still gets them if he laughs a lot and I have noticed Declan gets them quite a bit atm too.

I'm with everyone else. Paris had hiccups in utero, and so does this little mite Its funny becuase I feel so sorry for Seth, and I remember feeling the same way with Paris. It can go on for quite a while and you'll know when it starts to annoy him as he starts to really object and gets quite rough with his kicking!

*hugs*
    Cailin

hehe apple, Ive been wondering what that feeling was!! It gets a bit annoying sometimes, but now that i know what it could be, its cute!! I had a CTG the other day, and during it Bubs got the hiccups. Cute. Dh doesnt believe me that he can hiccup... Ben must take after his mummy, i seem to hiccup alot too!

Tell your DH to google it Hiccups don't have anything to do with gulping air like some people think it actually has to do with a muscle spasm that can happen from gulping fluid too... Yes it does happen when we gasp because we are gulping air, but fluid is no different.

*hugs*
    Cailin