Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High End Prams...

Default High End Prams...

Hi All
    Hoping for some advice on prams. I am looking at relatively high end and am hoping to get some advice on what you all like, what has worked for people etc.
    I have just moved back from UK and there I was thinking of the Silvercross, but it seems that is not avail or v hard to get here. I have also looked at the Bugaboo Chamelon... what do you all like/have? Any advice appreciated - about to go to the shops and check them out but would like at least a short list 1st! Thanks!

there's lots of pram discussion in the "Recommend a product" thread including specifics on the bugaboos, phil and teds, beemas etc. (I'd do a link but don't know how sorry)
    good luck with the decision making process
    Last edited by jaspen; March 19th, 2007 at 05:25 PM.

pregpan,
    my SIL has a bugaboo cameleon and while she says it's great indoors, she says it's not very usefull outdoors and doesn't like curbs etc. after a few months she went out and bought a phil & teds and uses that outdoors, and keeps her bugaboo for around the house... my sister also has the phil & teds as her only pram and loves it. my other SIL just bought a Mountain Buggy Elite. i haven't seen that one yet, but she takes her baby shopping very seriously, so i'm sure it's a great pram as well!! i haven't started looking at prams yet, so let me know what you think of them all!! ooh, have heard that Quinny is a good brand too...

Thanks guys - I will check out the forum with the pram recommendations... and Ella I will look into those you mentioned and let you know if I find anything out... I have also heard good things about some of the Jeep ones so will check that out too. It is a minefield!!

Hey Pregpan

We recently got a silvercross freeway...love it (but haven't used it with a baby yet!)

So you can get them in WA at least...

Don't know if you can get the Swedish brand 'Emmaljunga' over there. but it's brilliant and very reliable. The one I bought is the entry level model (Smart) and cost about $1,000AUD. I fell in love with the one that's about $1,400 (Edge Duo) but it's too wide for my elevator door by 1cm!

Ooh I havent seen any silvercross here, I will look into it - thanks!!!
    I have heard of Emmaljunga when I was inthe UK and also heard amazing things about them and I am a fan of scandinavian design.. so I will look into that here also.
    WOW there is just so much out there, must havebeen simpler when I was a baby!

Yep, we've got a Silver Cross too! So you can get them in Melbourne, we got our from the Baby Bunting superstore. If you go to the Silver Cross website, select International, and click on Australia you will find the contact details for the importer. Maybe your could give them a call, or email to see where you can get them from, and which models. They can probably import whatever you want

I thought I was going to want a Bugaboo, but definitely not after doing my research and looking at it! I think that there are much better prams out there, and that the Bugaboo is a rip-off. The Emmalunja's are beautiful too, I was tossing up between one of those and my SC

Good luck, and remember that most stores can get in whatever you want, you just have to ask!

Thanks - I will look at the Silvercross at Baby Bunting then!!! What model did you get?

I have a Bugaboo Chameleon and I LOVE it. It was well worth the money. I have used it indoors and outdoors and haven't had a problem. The best part is being able to strip the cloth off and throw it in the washing machine. Oh and I have two different colour toppings too so I can change it and it's like having a whole new pram.

The only problem with the bugaboo is there is no toddler seat facility

I have seen Silvercross prams at the local babystore here too.
    I didin't see any while I was pg. with milo or I migith have gotten one.
    I have an Emmaljunga, I love that I am in control of steering the pram, not the pram being in control of where its going.

that said, there are a few situations where it has been quite cumbersome, and I have considered getting a swivel wheel pram (still considering --steelcraft trasaction 'Milo" ha ha) as well.

If I were in the market for a new pram I'd be looking at another Phil and Ted's. I have the original one and it's the bees knees. Even though the new generation ones are now made by a different company, the things I like about mine are featured in the E3's

Um, I think it's the Linear sleepover? It's only available in Marina and Salsa from Baby Bunting (I went with the Marina so I can easily 'accessorise' whatever colour baby we have LOL!). I love the classic prams too, but decided that the sleepover would be more practical, esp. cos we don't have a big car.

I think that the Freeway is a more updated/expensive model, but I couldn't find it here. And TBH I can't really tell what the difference is between the two. They have the same chassis and weigh the same, and that's what was important to me. I think the Freeway has a bigger colour selection? But as we're not finding out the sex I probably would have gone with Marina anyway

Go and have a look at one if you can (are you in Melbourne?), I love the way the bassinette system works. It looks beautiful, and when you're finished with it you just wash and store away the insert until next time! Saves storage space for a whole separate bassinette.

Good luck and let us know how you go!

ETA I shouldn't be so harsh about the Bugaboo - I know some people who have them and really like them. It's just not the pram for me!

Hey - I also knnow ppl who are happy with the bugaboo, but also some who are not and so I want to look wider... I ama big silvercros fan so will check them out and see where we get to. I looked into them in the UK and was told they were not in Aus, so it is a GREAT surprise that they are here!!!! I'll let you know how I go! Thanks for all your help. Any other opinions or pram models welcome...

I will also look into Phil and Ted's lots of ppl seem to like them

I think the difference between the sleepover and freeway silvercross models is that the baby can sleep in the sleepover bassinet overnight, whilst in the freeway model it can't...

So the sleepover is the more expensive model...I think! At our store, they only had the freeway version...

I did see some brand new silvercross prams (linear freeway and sleepover, I think!) on e-bay at the same time we bought ours...they were pretty reasonably priced too...

The one I have is 4 wheeled...swivel wheels (which I think will be fantastic!). We have it in salsa...

You can check them out on the silvercross website (UK). It lists all the features of the linear models...

All the best!
    Last edited by monnie; March 20th, 2007 at 12:43 PM.

Well there you go Monnie! I assumed that the Freeway was the more exy! And our baby won't be sleeping in it at home, cos we have a bassinette that is a family heirloom. I'm glad we got it on special then, how much was yours?

I think ours was $700...I can't quite remember (and fortunately my parents were generous to pay for it)...which was greatly appreciated!

How beautiful...a family heirloom bassinette...what a gorgeous way to start life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast