Thread: Hind Waters

Default Hind Waters

Well I was having a bath last night and felt a gush and then 3 smaller gushes, I rang the midwives and told them what had happened and they told me that if I soaked a pad in an hour then come in as it was my waters. Well I didn't soak a pad so they said not to worry, but what I want to know is:

1. could it have been my hind waters? DS1 put his toes thru mine, but I went into labour about 6 hrs later.

2. if it was my hind waters is there still the risk of infection or not.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for that Kate, it was basically the same with DS1, but this one was nearly 24 hrs ago so I was just starting to worry a little bit. Hopefully the contractions will start sooner rather then later.

Hi,
    It could mean "things" are moving for you. It is also common for there to be a lot of cm, very wet and more than usual in the last weeks of pregnancy.

If you think you have had a leak (which is common) don't have any more baths or dtd just to minimise the risk of infection.

I hope we hear good news soon!
    Big hugs,

MNy hind waters broke at 3am Tuesday morning with DD#1 & I was induced after they detected meconium in my leaking waters on Thursday Morning at 6am... She was born around midday..

Best wishes WOO HOO!