Thread: Hiring a doppler

Default Hiring a doppler

Hi,

Does anyone know where is a good place that isn't to expensive to hire a doppler from..

I don't want to buy one upfront as they are quite expensive, but as long as the monthly hire isn't too much i thought i might get one for a few months...

I've just been having funny BP issues (am under care of a specalist) this pregnancy, and i'm positive i felt the baby kicking around the 11/12 week mark, but since then have felt absolutly nothing (did have a scan at 11 weeks also)...

I know i could be wrong (but i'm pretty sure that is was the baby), or there could be good reasons why i can't feel it now, but i just can't shake the feeling something might be wrong..

So i though a doppler might give me peace of mind until i really feel the baby all the time.

I want a proper one, similar to what drs use, not just one the amplifies if that makes sense?

Thanks

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

google first beats ... a few from PAMAL threads used them - often you can't feel much this early.

Thanks Trish.

With DS i didn't feel it under at least 19 weeks, and i thought i would feel it earlier (but not that early)... but i'm pretty sure it was the baby. If it was my first i would have just dismissed it, but it did feel like very early flutters.

I see how much they cost.. If i wasn't have BP issues i don't think i would bother though.

I was going to hire one from firstbeats too but looked on ebay and got a doppler on buy it now for $70 with postage which would have been 2 months hire anyway!

Hey Nella,

What brand? Does it work well? When does it work from (weeks wise)? Does it show you the FHR or do you need to time it yourself? Is it easy to use?

Sorry about all the qns, i looked on ebay, but wasn't sure if they were a load of junk or not!

Hi Yael

Thats ok you can ask all the q's you want

I have an AngelSounds one it works great Has a recording cable with it too which can also be used to plug in a 2nd set of headphones. The AngelSounds one works from 12 works like most of them do. I got mine when I was 15 weeks I think and I could hear the HB then. It doesnt show the FHR you have to time it yourself.

Hope that helped.

goldilocks Guest

Hi Yael,

I've hired a doppler from Belly Beats for $39 a month. It was delivered the day after I ordered it, very good service! I just hired it over the net - do a search for 'belly beats'.

I can't remember what the exact brand is but it's one of the $200+ ones to buy. It shows bub's heart rate which I just love! Interesting to see how it decreases slightly as bubs is getting bigger too

I had no trouble finding bub's hb when I was just under 12w. I only pull it out occassionally and now that I'm getting kicks every day, I don't have as great a need for it so I'll probably return it before the end of the month. It really was worth it for the first couple of months for my (and my DH's!) peace of mind.

Love Belle
    -xxxooo-