Thread: Hit in the back with a pantene bottle

Unhappy Hit in the back with a pantene bottle

This morning while I was having my shower, the pantene shampoo bottle (the large one) became unbalanced and fell off the ledge. It hit me on the way down. I was facing with my back to the shower and ledge, so it hit me in the back towards the right side. I have been worried all day that it has hurt the baby. How much protection is there in there? If it had hit my tummy I'd be more worried and would see the doctor. Should I be worried at all?

Hi Jan,
    I am sure you will be ok. I fell down the stairs a few weeks ago, and my bubba is fine. My doctor said that there is alot of cushioning in there, with all the amunotic (sp?) fluid and stuff surrounding the baby. If you get any spotting or pains go and see your dr/midwife etc.
    Jen

I too have been worried about falling over and getting hit by flying objects.. I was told there is plenty of padding with the fluid and your other internal organs will be a bit of a padding too.

Thanks ladies My pregnancy brain always blows these incidents up to be major catastrophes

Jan, *hugs* it's hard not to worry especially after you've had a previous m/c isn't it. As the other girls have said though your little one is very well protected in there so try not to stress too much, the bottle wouldn't have done any harm. My nearly 18 month old inadvertently kicks my bump all the time and sometimes even flops all 11kg of himself onto my tummy! It takes a lot to hurt the little one inside.

All the best.

Yeah I have a rough toddler too, so I know all about those kicks to the tummy. I try getting Jenna to feel "baby kicking" and she takes that as "kick mummies tummy".
    Also I got whacked in the tummy by a complete b%#$% playing netball when I was about 12w, and all was well. Still its enough to give you a shock huh?

I know of a woman who was pg with twins and fell on her belly at 35 w. Her boys were fine - they are now 5yo devils!!!

Jan there was a lady last year who had a skydiving accident and her shoot didn't open....her bubba was OK, so obviously theres a heap more than we think in there. Hope you're feeling better.

Jan. When I was about 14 weeks I actually got kicked directly in the stomach several times. I called my Ob who said that at that point the baby and everything is still very very well protected inside the pelvis and not to worry. I am sure you will be fine as well but if you are worried, give your doc or midwife a buzz and see what they say.

MG

Thanks ladies, your words and stories help me so much! I really appreciate the time it took you to ease my worries. I'm feeling much better It amazes me how we think the baby is so fragile, but it seems stronger than I thought!