Thread: Holiday/Sunbathing

maggie Guest

Default Holiday/Sunbathing

Hi, i am 25w, and we are off for a weeks holiday , to the sun... i plan to do a bit of sunbaking, is this safe, or not> thanks

Just remember to slip slop slap and have fun you lucky thing

goldilocks Guest

Maggie,

I don't imagine that sunbaking is harmful to your baby but make sure you put on lots of sunscreen...you don't want any nasty melanomas popping up down the track! A little bit of sun is actually good for us, has lots of vitamin D apparently.

I have very fair skin so I just fake it these days. Don't want to risk skin cancer as I plan on being around for my DH and children for a very long time!

Enjoy your holiday!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

I reckon, just don't get burnt and make sure you're drinking enough so you don't get dehydrated Have a great time! (So jealous)

I think i heard somewhere that sunbaking isnt good while pregnant? (same as using spas and saunas) I maybe wrong, but i think it would mess with the body temperature too much for bubs? If you really want to, id just be aware of actually how hot it is out in the sun at the time and make sure you slip slop slap!

Have a nice holiday

mummymeegs Guest

I think exposure to the sun can increase your chances of chloasma (skin pigmentation). It looks like lots of discoloured patches on your face. It can also make the line down your belly from your navel (linea nigra) even more pronounced. Not too sure if sunblock can reduce the chances of any of this happening though??

I think it should be fine as long as you put sunscreen on and don't sunbake for too long. You don't want to get overheated or anything. I hope you have a lovely holiday.

You might find that you burn alot easier.
    When I was pregnant with all my children, and I went in the sun for too long, I got burnt very easily, and it usually takes me a bit to get like that.
    I think you should just make sure you keep cool and drink lots of water.
    I hope you have a fantastic holiday
    Lisa