Thread: How big were you at 20 weeks?

Default How big were you at 20 weeks?

I am just interested to know how big your bellies were at 20 weeks pregnant?
    This is my first pregnancy, and I am a small person, and I dont know if that would mean I'd show earlier or what?
    Anyhow, I am going to be bridesmaid at my sisters wedding which is at the end of October. My mum keeps telling me I wont fit into the dress my sister has bought, and now she has really got me thinking about this....

Were you really huge at 20 weeks or not really that big at all?

Thanks

It really depends a lot. Some people only put on 6 kilos for their entire pregnancy and others put on 36!

What style dress is it, and if you had to get a different one, would your sister be devestated and could you get a style that would be suitable (i.e. empire line). This is much easier if there is only 1 bridesmaid, or more than 2, as you can easily have different styles of dress in the same fabric or colour.

Karina - I was slim (for me anyway 58kg at 12wks) and took great pride in my flat belly pre pg however started to outgrow my pants at 9wks. I was well and truely in maternity wear by 20 wks although not huge just a belly

Karina - at 20 weeks i was still normal - but when i hit 22 weeks it was like something went pop inside coz i woke up one morning and thought holy hell were did that come from - hehehe

I got married in march and one of my bridesmaids was 18 weeks pregnant - we only had to let her dress out in the boobs area.

Hope your dress fits!!! either way you'll look great!!!!

Ahhh ok. The dress is a bit big for me now, so maybe I'll "grow into it".. Its strapless and sort of like a tube dress, which is always a disaster for me due to lack of breasts. I might get some straps put onto it so it stays put. At this stage I cant really see myself getting so big that I wont be able to squeaze into it at 20 weeks, but I really have no way of knowing how big i'll be until I get there.

I am short - 154cm and this makes me think that my belly will hang out the front alot as theres not really anywhere else for it to go?

karina - when you look at 239 days left till you have a baby doesn't it feel like forever!!!
    I found out at 5 weeks and started talking on Belly belly at that time and it looked so far away!!!

If things happen for you like they did for me (and who can tell, everyone is so different), my boobs grew, so hopefully that strapless issue might work out after all! And I sorta rounded out, but didn't properly 'pop' til about 22 weeks.
    This is my first too, and it seems to go that you pop later with your first. So you just might be alright! Especially if you have some room to grow into
    Perhaps talk with your sister and have a backup plan, just in case your body decides to do its own thing.

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, I didn't start to show until I was 6.5 months along and even then alot of people just thought I'd put on a little bit of weight and didn't realise that I was pregnant, lol. I didn't start to look pregnant until approx 4 or 5 weeks before my daughter was born, lol.

I was massive already by 20 weeks...I'd already put on about 10 kgs (I started at 65 kgs and have now put on almost 15 kgs!) and my tummy was quite big (well, I thought so anyway). But I have friends who hardly had any belly at 20 weeks...it all depends on the person.

However, I got married last September and one of my two bridesmaids was 6 months pregnant at the time...it was hard to choose a dress size for her because we weren't sure how much bigger she'd get. We ended up getting one 4 (!!) sizes bigger than normal and it only just fit her on the day...however he was an IVF baby and she had gained a lot of weight due to fluids. The dresses we had were tight around the boobs but flowing from under them...luckily because a fitted dress wouldn't have worked for her.

I think it would be worth having another option 'just in case' but I'm sure your sister will understand and not worry too much...afterall, pregnancy size is all so unpredictable... Good luck!!!!

this is just what happen to me not that it will happen to you. I went from 50kgs to around 82kgs at my last OB visit 6 years ago with DS. My sister was pregnant at the same time and she held her buba more towards her back i was all out front, she went to the doc to see if she was ok because she was worried as i was huge and she wasnt. I ended up having a 9 pound baby. Im 7 and a bit weeks now and i aleady have a bit of a pregnancy belly this timeround i have started at 59kgs and i have put on 2 kgs so far, so i think i may go big again. i found walking and eating healthy quiet good. good luck.

Kirsty77 Guest

FIrst pregnancy by 20-24weeks I had a definite pregie belly and was in maternity pants and tops. This second pregnancy by 20 weeks I was massive!!

You literally couldn't tell I was pregnant at 6 months pregnant. I was thinner/slimmer in the belly than alot of the non-pregnant women around me. I finally popped a little around 28wks and then 'exploded' *L* at 32wks. Made for some horrible stretch marks though, because despite moisturisers, it couldn't combat how much my belly grew literally overnight.

When I was 20weeks, I looked like i was ready to have it. However i am slim build, and short, so bubs had no where to go but out!!

skyelar Guest

I didn't look very pregnant at 20 weeks with either of my pregnancies. My bb's got a bit bigger by then but not much!
    There is a 20 week pic on my webpage.

Karina, I am also short and with my first pg I was showing by 10 weeks and in maternity wear by 12 weeks. By 20 weeks I had outgrown the first maternity wear. A lot of it was belly, especially being short there was nowhere else to go!! But BBs were also huge - I kept needing a bigger bra every 6 - 8 weeks and a little around thighs and bum. This pg I was showing before 4 weeks!

I think a back up plan is a very good idea just in case!

Melanie

Your breasts shouldn't be an issue in the dress - you should definitely fill the dress out by then.
    Good luck!

I wouldn't say I was huge by 20 weeks but I definitely wasn't fitting into regular clothes.