Thread: How can I tell if I'm leaking amniotic fluid after a CVS?

Default How can I tell if I'm leaking amniotic fluid after a CVS?

Hi all,

I had a CVS on Friday and I have been really paranoid ever since. Last night while I was lying in bed I felt a funny little gush and I got all paranoid and went to the toilet and there was a small spot of wet on my undies. I haven't had anything on my undies since but I can't help but be paranoid that I'm wetter down there than I was before the CVS and that I'm leaking. I've just had so much go wrong with this pregnancy so far that I'm terrified now.

How would I be able to tell if I was leaking? Would I have a lot more down there than I do? Would my undies be soaked? Should I just go and get checked out?

Help please, am trying not to freak out a little...

I actually have no idea hun, just wanted to offer some support and say that your safest bet is to go and get checked out.

Hugs
    Sue xxx

Hi Yarrawin
    It is not unusual to have a small leak after CVS. This leak usually stops within a day or so and is not a problem. Your body will soon replace the small amount of fluid lost. If you continue to leak then it would be a good idea to get it checked. From your post I would be a little surprised if it was amniotic fluid. I would be more inclined to suspect urine.

Thanks Alan! That has definitely put my mind at rest.

i would say it's more likely to be watery cm, as this is very common. they should not pierce the amniotic sack for a CVS. hope you get your results back soon

I don't think it was amniotic fluid either - I'm pretty sure I was just being paranoid. Got the CVS results back and all is fine.

Yarrawin, glad to hear that all is well.

Sue xx

lovely to hear that all is well with you and bubs

glad you seem to be ok now, and that the results came back all good