Thread: How differently did you carry your babies??......

Talking How differently did you carry your babies??......

I have just uploaded some pics in my gallery and was shocked to compare my 23 and 24 weeks from having Izzy! For a start, when you check them keep in mind I am sick today and it is the middle of winter and I am pale and pasty, instead of tanned and glowing in mid summer like I was with her!

But check out that tummy! My mum keeps saying it is because it's a boy and that's why it is so low! I tend to think that having 2 pregnancies close together, with tummy separation and no muscle tone accounts for my tummy being nowhere near as tight and high!!

My sis told me that she carried her second the same as I am now and everyone thought it was a boy and it turned out to be a girl!

I know it's an old wives tale but out of curiosity, how differently did you carry and was the old wives tale of low for boy true for you!!!!??????

ETA - I just noticed that I have hit 3000 posts some time this week!!!!!!! Whoo hoo for me!
    Last edited by Beach Mama; June 6th, 2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: 3000 and still going strong!

First up - woohoo for the post count!!!

Second - I don't actually believe the old wives tale. I carried really high with DS - looked like I had a basketball shoved under my boobs!!! And this one started out really really really low - but I think it is because everything is a little bit stretched its not till bubs start getting bigger do they move up into a spot that is where its supposed to sit in your body.

I think its your body that determines how your bubs will sit, not what gender it is.

I'm carrying really differently! My tummy is HUGE this time and I swear I wasn't this big til at least 35 or more wks with DD. It is pretty low too. I agree that it's probably close-together pregnancies that has made it so low. I never had a chance to strengthen my muscles much after DD, though I did manage to close the separation in my muscles before this pg. I don't know what kind of difference that would make if any?? The physio also said that my tummy muscles a fairly strong, though I don't really think so!!

I'm carrying really different this time compared to last time.
    I feel like I'm really high this time and the baby is constantly in my ribs, but with DS I never had any of that.

DP thinks I'm smaller then last time too, but I think it's much this time cause it's all baby and no fat, where as last time I gained loads of my own weight.

It's all weird.

xx

I don't think I'm really carrying different from my first pregnancy, although my tummy is way bigger now than it was at the same stage with ds, probably also to do with the pregnancies being close together. I carried pretty low and had a boy, maybe I'll be having another one!

Mine were exactly the same. The only way I can tell the difference between my belly pics is that they were taken in different houses

I remember when I was pg with #2 that i told my obs that it must be a boy cause I was carrying so differently and she kindly pointed out that I was older and my muscles weren't as good LOL I had strangers come up to me at the shops and tell me it was definitely a boy, even one of the abooriginal mums at school who was renowned for her accurate picking of the sex based on feeling your tummy told me I was having a boy, but as my ticker shows it was another little princess.

I dont believe in the old wives tale either. I have a girl and a boy and i carried them both the same. All out front and very round. Because i don't have much of a waist, there's only like 5cms between my hips and my ribs, so my babies have no where else to go but all out front lol.

All my tummy shots were the same - 'basketball under the jumper'. I had all girls.

Dont believe for a second the gender determines the way you carry, more like you said, the closeness of the pregnancies....