Thread: How do you de-stress?

Default How do you de-stress?

Ok ladies (and gents) - how do you de-stress? Especially when pregnant? Normally I would go for a nice long run or partake in some "boxing" of various descriptions. Considering both are not advisable at the moment any other ideas? Soaking in the bath works for about five minutes, meditating doesn't stop my mind from going on a rampage, massage works as long as someone is massaging....

MG

It may not be your "thing" but I use a self hypnosis CD.......it is acutally a HypnoBirthing CD......it is literally the only thing that "turns my mind off" and leaves me feeling refreshed. I use one by Francesca Naish. Love it.

Or I chop and cook.........call me mad, but chopping up veggies calms me............
    Last edited by Lucy; September 17th, 2006 at 09:49 PM.

mum5boys Guest

I de-stress by doing what I enjoy the most apart from spending time with DH and my boys and that is scrapbooking.
    If there is an activity or hobby you enjoy apart from those you have mentioned give it a try.
    Michelle

I sometimes read to help me de-stess.

When we was going through the pain of waiting for the amnio results i did have a glass of red wine i know not the best thing to have while pg but it did help. I've always said to myself the odd glass will not hurt. But that is just me others will say different.

Oh Lucy! I'm right there with you on the chopping and cooking.... but not so good when watching the waist line! I will try and get hold of a hypnosis thing I think...

I have PM'd you the details of the hynosis CD's hon..........

Yoga and lo-impact aerobics help a bit, but also beating the [email protected] out of cushions when I get really angry at something is good. I also like planning different ways to sue my employers and finding new hiding places for my DH's favourite pillow, but that's because they're the ones stressing me out right now.

I actually forgot about the ttc one Lucy! I will have to get it out of my bedside table tonight.....
    I have deleted mine and hidden the CD.........LOL......

LOL Lucy!! Chopping and cooking!!!
    I am a bit of a stress head too and have thoughts running thru my head 24/7, hence not being a good sleeper!!
    I often sit outside and read, which definately helps with my stress levels. Sometimes I will go for an evening walk with a good mate and listen to her problems! That takes my mind of my stresses for a while

Ally, they are both good ideas. And reminded me that excercise is often a good de-stesser......I am hanging out for a swim.......never fails to make me feel "switched off".....

Ahhhh Swimming, that would be so nice and refreshing. Cant remember the last time I got into a swimming pool !!! Aquaerobics whilst preg would be a good de-stresser too, (as mentioned in another thread).

I think that other thread is what has made me literally CRAVE a swim.......but I have lost my plug and don't dare rsik infection from a public pool and I have tested our pool at home but it is WAY too cold!

Oooooohhhh Good Luck Lucy xxx

spreckemily Guest

Mother Goose, I have sent you an email re this.

Thanks lovelies! I will try a combo of music/CD's and water sports. Ryn - I hear you on the punching pillows thing - DH took down my punching bag

Thanks Spreck. I have emailed you too. We were emailing at the same time! SNAP! ROFL.

MG