Thread: How do you wait!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Default How do you wait!

I gave birth to my 2nd son 3 and a half months ago, and after a wonderful pregnancy, labour and baby I am desperate to have another one straight away!

I know that in order to have quality time with each of my children I should be waiting at least 3-4 years (Also so we can afford more) and go back to work for a couple of years inbetween.

I have noticed lots of people have had the first two and then waited till they are nearly in school before having more and I would love to know how they managed to wait.

My heads says wait, but my heart says now!!!!!!!

I remember having the same feelings whan Mason was about 4 months old.
    Looking back now I guess the reason I waited untill he was almost 1 to try again is unclear. It was like I wanted to but something always made me stop IYKWIM. DH was a bit against having another one so soon, as he was concerned about my ability to manage two so young. I wasn't thinking about it in that way.
    We decided to try again after my period returned when Mason was 11 months. Looking back I think it was the right time as I had a lot of enjoyment of Mason as a baby, and as a small toddler too. He was 21 months when Angus was born.
    This time I waited a bit longer though

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi Sam,

I think I am finding this such a struggle as I really didn't want another baby ever for the first year after my first son was born, and really only got pregnant so he wouldn't be an only child.

Now having had such a different experience I am struggling to figure these feelings out. If I were to get pregnant now I would have 3 under 3!!!!!! Crazy I know