Thread: How early is too early to setup the nursery?

Question How early is too early to setup the nursery?

I'm 16 weeks pregnant with my first and very excited. I am very much in the nesting mode and want to setup the nursery NOW! But a few people have mentioned that it is bad luck and that i should do it all the week before the baby comes...(can someone please tell me when that is going to be because i would love to know whether i am going to delivery on time/early/late.)

Anyway, do you think 16 weeks is too early to setup the nursery?

I'd say go for your life and do whatever, you will be busy enough around Xmas time with the usual shenanigans.

But I will say this - the last 3-4 weeks of a preg can really, really REALLY drag. Why don't you save some things to do in those last weeks, keep occupied etc?

I usually wait till I'm on Mat leave myself, with a few things here and there. Once you have a car seat and a good pram the rest of it is fluff anyway!

xoxoxo

paradise lost Guest

Yeah, and the thing with the last weeks of PG is you only know they were the last weeks AFTER bubs is born. DD was 11 days late, and i was GLAD of the fact that i still had a lot to do. I didn't even move the bed out from the wall (i had a homebirth and the MW asked to have space down both sides so i could be anywhere on it and they could reach) until the day before she was due...

Bx

We did ours really early, about 20 weeks and it was pretty much done. But I would say WAIT! I'm 37 weeks now, the days are DRAGGING, and I'm bored out of my fricken brain because theres nothing left for me to do

I say go for it. If you are excited and nesting now then go with your feelings. But maybe leave yourself something to do at the end as well.

Maybe you could do all the big things now like if you are going to repaint and get all the big furniture in and set up but leave the little things till later like decorations or washing clothes etc.

id go for it