thread: How long does it take for sperm to come out

Nov 2006

How long does it take for sperm to come out

I know this is a really weird question but how long does it usually take for sperm to come back out?

I probably should post this in the conception board. I have never really paid attention before but for the last 2 weekends after dtd i have noticed a discharge which could be sperm or mucas plug (or at least i think so). Its not right after but up to about 12hrs later, def after when i would have expected any to still be coming out. It only comes out once not a constant thing. Just wondering if maybe we should refrain from dtd the deed at least without protection for a couple of weeks as i am only 31wks and already had 1 preterm birth @35wks (and yes we had dtd the day my waters broke too).

Oct 2005
    A Nestle Free Zone... What about YOU?

It can take time for seminal fluid to make it's way out again... Having had a preterm birth I think if it were me I would abstain for the next few weeks. Whilst having a previous preterm delivery does not mean it will happen again - it might and intercourse can hasten things along.

I HTH...

Meo Guest

The prostaglandins in semen encourage softening on the cervix, so if you've had a previous preterm labour, I would also be refraining from DTD for the next few weeks.

Good luck and I hope it all goes well for you!

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2009

I think the sperm induced me at 36wks with my DD as the stuff didn't come back out as soon as I would expect it then the show come followed by my waters breaking and labour/birth. I definately think with me it made it happen so I would probably use withdrawal methods until your 36-37weeks to reduce the likelyhood of your body getting ready a bit earlier then desired.

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

Just wanted to let you know that when I DTD with DH, it takes between 12 and 24 hours for the junk to come out, and at the moment it resembles EWCM. I lost my plug weeks ago though, and I am 38 weeks. HTH.

May 2008
    North side, Brisbane

What about if you haven't dropped yet? Is DTD still likely to bring on labour?