Thread: how long labour? when there was a lot of years between bubs

Default how long labour? when there was a lot of years between bubs

hi girls

i am preganant with no 6 bub, but my last bub was 9years ago, just curious as to how long you had labours for, when there was a few years between babys, my midwife told me it could be just like no1 again.:eek:

Chrissy, I only have 2 children. DD's labour was 31 hours with and epidural and vaccuum extraction intervention cause I was so tired. DS's labour was total different. It was all over within 5 hours.

I always feared having a long second labour because my first was horendous, although that's not the reason for the 8 year gap between my two. As it was, Blake's was a wondeful labour. Loved it!

I have 7 yr gap and the second time around was great, hence why there wont be that gap between number 2 and 3 bub lol

I felt the second time you realise what it actually entails and are more informed so that in itself helps so much

Best of luck with it all

ETA: Forgot to add that my horrid labour for first one was 7 hours and with last one was 4hours
    Last edited by Belinda; June 4th, 2006 at 04:54 PM.

Chrissy, I had a 7 year age gap between no2 and no3 but I had a c section, so technically I hadn't laboured for nearly 10 years when I had Tehya, I had really quick labours with my first 2 but a 10 hour labour with Tehya. Not sure if it had anything to do with the age gap though.