Thread: How Many Months???

Default How Many Months???

A curosity question.
    If I am 24weeks preg, am i classified as being 6months preg? or, are you not 6 months preg until the end of that 6th month, which would then be when you are 28weeks preg? Or, are you 6 months anywhere between 24 & 28weeks?
    Make sense? How does it all work. I always tell people how many weeks i am, but i would like to say that i am '.....months preg' cause it sounds more significant.

26 weeks is half of 52, therefore making you 6 months officially at 26 weeks. This is what rule I follow anyway I don't classify myself as being 7 months pregnant until 29/30 weeks, does that make sense?

I agree with the first part, in theory, but, if 40 weeks preg, is 9 months, then you would be 7 months preg at 28 weeks. which would then make 6 months be 24 weeks. Cause at 30weeks, you only got 10weeks to go, which is 2.5months.

40 weeks isn't 9 months

Tricky isnt it? if you go on the theory that there are 4.3333 weeks per month, then it is 9 months, but, if you go on the 4 weeks a month theory, then its 10 months. And i think thats where i get mixed up. I vary between the 2 theories which does my head in.

I'm due the 15th Aug so I've been counting back from there ie. on the 15th March I will be 4 months (18wks), 15th Feb I was 3 months (14wks). Weeks/months just don't work with the theory 4 weeks in a month.

i just made an executive decision.
    1 month equals 4.4444weeks (40w / 9m).
    Therefore - 6 months equals 26.6666 weeks, so, prob - 26 (like ashlee said) or 27weeks.
    And from that, 7 months is 31 weeks.
    Also works with Bridee's method.
    So i am sorta sorted now.

Can I just add that the average pregnancy is worked out to be 9months and 1 week

Eg, the first day of my lmp was the 17th of november, so 9 months plus 1 week equals 24the of August

Tanya

too confusing, thats why i stick to weeks only LOL.

Yeah it actually goes to the end of 9 months whic is really 10 months.. I am 6 months i am 24 weeks which to me is 6 months and im stickingto it butthen when you say ive got 16 weeks to go ????????? thats 4 months... they should say you incubate for 10 months....

It's soooo confusing isn't it? Just go with whatever you want I say lol stuff what everyone else thinks They really should say pregnancy is more like 9.5 or 10 months, cos in most cases, it is!

When people ask me how many months, i tell them how mnay months (or in my case now, weeks) I have left till bub is due... So bub is due in 2 weeks for me (mid march).... but back in say mid December, I would have called myself 6 months pregnant, and told people the baby is due in 3 months.... People dont understand the number of weeks thing, i find.
    I think of a month as a calender month, rather than 4 weeks...

Karina, ITA that people that don't know much about pregnancy get totally confused when you say weeks. I said recently "I'm X amount of weeks" and they jsut stared at me blankly, as if to say "Ok so that means what?"