Thread: How many scans do we have?

Default How many scans do we have?

Hi
    I have just had my 20wk scan and the sonographer could not see if it was a boy or a girl (umbilical cord between the legs). I am really keen to find out and wondered if it was normal to have another scan now before the baby is born.

Thanks.

The 20wks scan is the last scan you will have unless they find health reasons to do another one but most only have the 12wks & 20wks scan.

Yes, it's unlikely you'll be sent for another scan unless they are worried about something. I'm not sure if you can request another for finding out the sex?

My 20 wk scan will be my 6th scan and hopefully my last..I've been worried about needing so many scans.

It's annoying when the bubs cross their legs or have the cord in the way when you want to find out the sex!!

Most people have the 20w scan, and many the 12w scan - but usually there's just the two. If your placenta is low you may get a scan at 32 weeks, but you would have heard about that at your 20w scan.

I had 9, 13, 19, 21 and 30w scans... but I'm just a very lucky girl whose baby loves being shown off in photographs!

Well I had 7 scans, 5.5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 16 and 20 weeks due to concerns. We found out the sex through genetic testing, but i hear that you can pay for a 3d/4d scan and they will reveil the sex.
    Hope that helps
    M

You can pay for a 3d/4d scan and get the results

We had one at 12 and another at 18 wks. We were told we wouldnt get another one unless they suspected problems and needed to check something out.

Thanks for your replies - I guess I will have to wait to find out. There is nowhere I can have the 3D scan in Canberra (closest place is Sydney). Nevermind - I was just getting excited about knowing early.

Thanks again, have a Merry Christmas everyone.

If S/he had his/her legs crossed maybe bub wants to keep it a suprise for you too!!!
    Enjoy the anticipation.