Thread: How to sit

Default How to sit

Ok.. I've been quite diligent in trying to sit up and forward, trying to keep knees below hips etc, in order for bubs to be in an anterior position, but my feet have been swelling the last few days.. so how exactly am I supposed to put my feet up to ease the swelling without lounging back, which will make bubs move towards my back?? :-k any suggestions?

I actually feel like it's sitting foward like that that has made my feet swell. I haven't had this at all before now.

ms_fluffy Guest

Hi Ivana

I've also just started getting swollen ankles/feet. I'm not sure if this is correct, but I haven't bothered trying to sit with my feet up etc for the same reason you mentioned.

Instead, I just try to drink loads of water, because I find the swelling isn't as bad when I do. I drink about 3L of water everyday at least, and when it's very bad, probably drink about 4-5 L

I sometimes lie on my side on the longue and put one foot up and then I swap ends and put the other foot up.
    Swimming can help with swelling and the bouyancy makes it easier for bubs to assume the position.

A client told me yesterday to eat lots of watermelon, as its a kidney tonic and helps to flush out fluid retention. I looked it up, and it seems to be true! I already do eat a fair bit of watermelon, but had run out for about a week... maybe that's why I swelled up the last couple of nights :-k