Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HPT line is very faint today :(

Default HPT line is very faint today :(

hi all,
    I thought Id ask for some advice. I got a BFP last week, and did a few more tests over the next few days. The line got a little bit darker but not much.

Anyway had a BT done at 13dpo and HCG is 39.

Today is 16dpo, did another HPT and the line is very, very faint, fainter than the first HPT I did when I found out.

Could this only mean one thing?

slyder Guest

Skye, I think it's probably best to prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. You probably should seek a follow up HcG blood test. Good luck.

hun, i can't say for sure what the fainter line means - personally, i would be going back to the doctor to get another hcg reading and make sure that it is increasing as it should. it is possible that you're experiencing a chemical pregnancy or early loss, if you've not started bleeding yet, it is also possible that the test is just not showing a heavy line

good luck and hope it all goes ok for you

BG

thanks guys
    I am preparing for the worst, and Ill head to the dr tommorow morning

Skyeblue,

Just wanted to let you know that when I was preg with Noah I did a test a while after I found out I was preg so I had a hpt that I could take a pic of and it was fainter than the original positive one. Its very possible it's just a difference in brands or if it is the same brand it could just be a difference in the individual tests. I don't know much about hcg levels sorry! I hope everything is fine and you get some good news at the drs
    Last edited by Jas; January 14th, 2008 at 08:49 PM.

slyder Guest

That is a good point actually. Different brands register different levels. It shouldn't be discounted as a theory (if they were diff. brands).

It could also be a matter of your urine being less concentrated than at first. If the temperature has changed, the amount of water you are drinking has changed, levels of physical activity... can all effect this.

I think the thing to remember is that with HPTs a line is a line, it's a question of whether it is there or not, nothing else. It's only with OPKs where it matters how dark the line is.

I'd certainly be getting a follow up blood test to check on things though. I hope it goes well for you.

BW

paradise lost Guest

I did about 4 HPT's in the days following my missed AF with DD. The first one, mid-afternoon, was faint but positive, when AF was 3 days late (about 15DPO). My 2nd one, with FMU, was barely there at about 18DPO. My third was the same as the first with FMU at 21DPO, my 4th was the same as the first and 3rd, with FMU at 22DPO. THen i gave up because i was torturing myself with the results even though they were meaningless - all my tests were the same brand but i realised there was only so much dye in each stick and depending on how much urea there was (which is what the test line is - it tells you that the tests is working i.e. that you have put wee on it and not cola or whatever) in my pee there just wasn't ENOUGH dye to make a dark 2nd line. ALl the dye left no doubt made the 2nd line, but that wasn't actually realted to how much HCG there was in my urine, if that makes sense. My tests worked with any HCG numbers over 50, but they didn't actually give me a significantly darker line necessarily. I did one more at about 4 months PG and the same thing! A faint positive! So while it could be a sign that there's something going on, it could mean absolutely nothing at all.

Thinking of you hun.

Bx

What time of day did you do the test?

Perhaps do another with FMU and see how it goes. It's still early days and like the others have said many factors are at play.

I agree with BW a line is a line!

All the best

thanks guys

I just got my follow up blood test, I should get the results late arvo or tommorow morning.
    I did another test and the second line is so faint, it's like a shadow. I just dont have a good feeling.

But I guess the good thing is I have prepared myself for it, and even though I will be upset, I know I can try again.

I will keep you posted...

Hope all works out Skyblue..
    My HCG results were also 39.. Doctors made me wait 1 week then i did another blood test, the results were 2290.
    They also got my due date wrong twice as well....
    Wait another week and ask for an ultrasound....
    Fingers crossed

Ive just got some spotting so pretty sure it is all over

Ill still wait for the results though..

big hugs hun

:hugs: I just pm'ed you. I hope you are ok

Chin up, it will work out

Im sorry hun :hugs:

HCG levels went from 39 to 3....

Thanks for all of your support guys, I really appreciate it xxxx

I'm so sorry Skyblue, I hope you get anothe BFP soon and it sticks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast