Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Husband Cutting the Cord???

My DH is very hospital and needle phobic. he doesnt think he could even be in the room with me netherlone cut the chord.

He already has my reassurance that its ok that he is not in the delivery room if he doesnt feel up to it. Better to relieve one partners anxiety than have 2 of us panicking at every minute. My Mum and support person will be in there with me.

Having said that, my birth plan will request that he is ASKED first before anyone else.

Hey, my husband nearly fainted while supporting (hmmm is that what you call it) me through me labour. All of a suuden we had midwives attending to HIM!! I take my SIL in with me now and luckily she is not squeamish at all.

HI,,
    I think it was Christine who said her dh didn't want to be the one to 'sever ties between mama and baby'. My DH said the same thing. When our first child was born he happily took over the cutting duties. The cord does feel a lot like calamari rings, I would agree!

Our daughter was 5 and a bit when her brother was born and she was at the birth and she cut his cord. This has turned into a bit of a tradition as she has cut the cords of all her siblings since.

I always feel so exhausted and so relieved to have a healthy baby in my arms that I don't think I could manage the job.

Love Deb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12