Thread: hyperemesis?

Default hyperemesis?

ok no idea how to spell it lol but my sister has wanted me to ask the question. She has a 5 month old boy and would love another but with the pregnancy she spent it in hospital on drips and vomiting all day every day for basically the full 9 months. This has turned her off having another. Her first 2 children were with one man and she didn't have this, and this little boy was with another so she is thinking maybe something to do with that. I hope I can get some good news for her that it might not happen again lol TIA

hmm thats a tricky one I really don't know what affects how sick you are. Some people say the sex of the baby contributes to how sick you are. Maybe she should try to be super healthy and everything and then try. If I was really sick Im sure I would have to think twice before trying again thats for sure. Has she talked to her dr?
    Good luck sorry Im not very helpful

Hi,

i know exactly how she feels. I am currently 24w and suffering the same. It has totally put me off having another one. Doctors can't explain why it happens, its just one of those things and to not worry you have a healthy pregnancy (not that it really makes it any easier). For me personally its the emotional toll it takes more than the physical, although that part of it really isn't nice.

I have wondered if it has anything to do with the mans side as well. My DH mum was sick (no where near as bad but) for the whole 9months with all 3 of her kids. My Mum was just sick for the normal 12/13weeks for her 4 kids and my sister has been the same for her 2. I want to know what makes me different - people say im just special but in this case i'd rather just be normal..lol

If you find out how to prevent it please let me know!!! The thought of only having 1 baby makes me really upset but im just not sure i could go though it again (or my DH at that)

I have heard from a natropath that the best way to beat morning sickness is to have your blood sugar under control before you conceive, and then try your best to keep it constant once PG
    plenty of water before conception as well
    HTH
    odette
    p.s. i was in hospital etc. with my pg and had a boy/girl twins so can't blame the sex theory lol
    i lost 20kg whilst pg with my twins- go figure

If you find out any good news on this please let me know. I spent 4 weeks on a drip with my first, who is now nine months, and am considering ttc again. I am sooo scared that I will end up in hospital and not be able to look after my son properly, but don't know what I acn do about it. Good luck to your sister, and I can totally sympathise with how she is feeling...

My sister had it... 9 months in hospital with al THREE of her kids!!! Never made her stop and number 1!