Thread: I am still on Blackmores Pre-Conception Gold, should I be on something else now?

Default I am still on Blackmores Pre-Conception Gold, should I be on something else now?

As the title says, I am still taking my Blackmores Pre-Conception Gold plus 5mg of folate every morning. Should I be on something else now that I am pregnant? If so what do you suggest?

I would probably go with something like Elevit, or blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding formula.

Congratulations on your pregnancy too

I read that with the Blackmores product you mentioned that you should take any additional folate with it. But I have been taking extra folate for quiet some time now because I have spina bifida Oculta (I didn't even know I had it until I had a car accident years ago and the back xray found it). Should I stop taking the extra folate now or keep it going and what is the problem if you take extra? Maybe I should ask Dr this one... its very confusing to me.
    Thanks again for your congratulations... every time I go to the loo I check for AF cause I still can't believe how blessed I am.

iT IS FINE TO HAVE EXCESS FOLATE... i NOT LONG ASKED MYSELF, AS i AM ALSO CONSIDERED RISKIER FOR A BIRTH DEFECT... wE SHOULD BE TAKING 5 MG, WHEN MOST TAKE .5. sO PLEASE STICK TO YOUR FOLATE HONEY!!!

Wow, that came out silly!!! Sorry for the writing!! But yes, keep up the extra folate till at LEAST 12 weeks.... I am also on Multi-preg, for pre baby, preg and b/feeding, so I dont have to change my tablets.

If you have an adequate diet, then you really don't need anything extra, but if you already have health concerns yourself, I would ask your Dr what he would recommend - some women may need to take higher doses of folate if there is a risk of it etc.

Hi there & congratulations on your pregnancy
    I took Blackmore's pre conceive vitamins and as soon as I got my BFP I changed
    over to Blackmores Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Gold. The Blackmore's pre conceive product pack said to stop them when you are pregnant and go onto their other
    product.
    I think the Blackmores Preg & Breastfeeding Gold is an excellent vitamin cause unlike
    many others out there this one contains iodine which is so important for bub's brain
    development etc... apparently we dont get sufficient iodine in our diets like we used
    to and iodine helps IQ for bub!!!
    Hope that helps - no I dont work for Blackmores

Thanks Dr said I should continue taking Megafol 5mg for first Trimester. I will check out the Elivet and Blackmores products tonight and see which is best. I will compare the vitamins etc making sure I pick the best one. Thanks girls.
    Opps got to pee again... see ya!