Thread: I have just read this and am now scared

Unhappy I have just read this and am now scared

QUOTE:
    Moreover, about one-third to one-quarter of pregnancies implant for a short time, then fail. "That leads to a transient rise in hCG, which can extend for as long as two days after the day of the missed menstrual period."

Consumer Reports advises, "If you're comfortable waiting, a sensitive test taken a week after your period is overdue will almost certainly give you accurate results. If you elect to take the test as early as the day after you've missed your period, remember that a negative result isn't 100 percent certain. And a positive result may mean either a viable pregnancy or a pregnancy destined to end shortly after it began. With either of those results, you should plan on testing again a week later, just to be sure."

Now i am worried that I have told my family to early - I am 12 DPO and recieved a positive 2 days ago...my cervix has risen up and become mushy..... Should i be scared...

Hi, planned on going to the doctor monday...

Kirsty77 Guest

Hun by this stage you can almost be certain the egg has implanted. You don't need the extra stress so try not to think about it. Visualise a little bub in there.

Thank you .....trying

I hope everything goes brilliantly for you. Regardless of what happens though, I'm a strong believer in the support of a family, so dont worry about it being too early.
    A positve HCG is a very good start to a pregnancy A blood test will confirm everything for you on Monday.

Thanks Fi....

Dh dosnt want me to tell anyone just yet (I am bursting ) he wants to make sure everything is healthy and that.....i understand that but I am dying to tell someone...(my mum will be thrilled)

Honestly i have confided in my 2 closest friends... but i just had to tell someone...

clare076 Guest

We told our family at that stage too. My DP didn't want to but I figured if anything happened at any stage we would need their support. Just because people can miscarry that early doesn't make it any less devastating, it is still your baby, a grandchild, niece or nephew. I personally would wait a while longer to tell the world, but I would select a few close friends that you can celebrate with, and tell your mum. If anyone will be of help she will.

Talking

I love this forum i get some much support and great advice... I am so glad i found you all..

Thankyou

Personally i think my DH is still slighlty in denial he keeps saying "are you sure", he has seen the + tests. But still because it has happend so quick... hes a bit shocked still.

and with a few iof our friends have had miscarriages after eveyone already knew they were preg and his mates have had to deal with people saying "so hows the baby going" and then they has to give them the bad news that they lost it...

But i have taken the advice i have recieved and i have rang my mum (she lives interstate) she balled her eyes out .....

i need to share this i am so excited...

I actually posted on belly belly before i told DH hehehehehehe