thread: I need help!

Add Keira on Facebook

Mar 2007
    Darwin, NT

Question I need help!

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted but I need your help please!

I had an ultrasound today as I've been bleeding heavily and passing clots for the past 13 days. HPT was neg when I did it on the 10th of April (12 days ago) and I had an HCG blood test done on the 16th April (6 days ago) and it came back neg with a reading of 2. I've also had a UTI since the bleeding started on the 9th of April and I had a short "period" which started on the 27th of March and it was 4 days late.

Today at the ultrasound, the sonographer straight away said he saw a "cystic sac" and the report came back as this:

"Findings: An area of cystic change is noted within the endometrium measuring up to 12mm which would be the equivalent to an approximate age of 6 weeks and 1 day. A follow up ultrasound in 1 weeks time with Beta HCG correlation, would be recommended. No separate adnexal masses or free fluid is seen.

Conclusion: An area of cystic change within the endometrium, presumably in keeping with an early gestational sac, follow up ultrasound in 1 weeks time recommended with Beta HCG correlation."

I have no idea what all that really means or what is going on but I'd really value all your input/ideas/experiences!

TIA
    Last edited by Keira; April 21st, 2009 at 05:06 PM. : Added info

Sep 2008
    South West Sydney, NSW

I am sorry to say this as it is likely not what you want to hear but it appears to be a non viable pregnancy. I am not clinically trained but that is what it reads like to me.

I could be wrong - can you ring your doctor to discuss it with them?

May 2007
    Perth, WA

I am not sure your history but wanted to help out. I started a post but have deleted it as i think you really should ring your GP in the morning and have a chat to clear it up. Sounds like you have a bit going on and me commenting what I think will be of no help. I really hope things work out Keira but I hopeyou get to a Gp very soon for your own peace of mind.

Add Keira on Facebook

Mar 2007
    Darwin, NT

Thankyou ladies for posting.

I had another blood test today and will get the results back tomorrow, having another ultrasound next week, but I suspect I've miscarried. I've never been through this before so I have no idea what to expect or why the report says there's a 6 week gestational sac in me.

Thanks for your replies