Thread: I really need some advise

Default I really need some advise

Hi Girls

So I had an ectopic last september and had to have a lap done, they took my left tube and ovary.

I had a HSG to see what my remaining right tube was like and was told that my tube looked deformed but wasnt completely blocked. I was due to start IVF this month but have fallen pregnant. I am currently 3w5d and 12DPO. I got my + home pregnancy test at 9DPO.

I had slight bleeding today, but the blood was completely brown with CM and I havnt had anymore of this. With my ectopic I bleed at 5w4d and the blood was bright red.

I had my first beta drawn today at 12DPO and my HCG level is 27.

Im so sad

Any hope?

Default it may be okay:)

I had a very low hcg level too when i was first tested. I started bleeding at about week 5 & am still bleeding now (sometimes brown, sometimes red, sometimes spotting, sometimes lots). Despite this, drs are very optimistic. See your dr, but I think it could be okay. It sounds like yours could be perhaps implantation bleeding perhaps?

Froggy - Thanks for your reply. Im praying so badly that its implant bleeding and praying that my next levels sky rocket I will keep you updated

Froggy I have my fingers and legs and everything that will cross, crossed for you!! I hope everything works out for you, and thanks for taking the time to reply.

Anyone else have any advice?

Hi Alana

I had a blood test done on the day of my +hpt and it came back as a 'low positive' at 33. I stressed about it as I thought I should have been higher than that, I repeated it 1 week later and it jumped to 1160. Not a huge increase but it did rise and am now over 13 weeks pg with no complications so far. My GP suggested that it was just early when we first tested and not too worry.

My fingers are crossed for you

Firstly, brown/maroon blood is old blood. The ectopic was red because it was fresh. Secondly, according to the pathologist report I have here from my bt, normal range for 4 weeks is 16-160 ui/l, so you could say that at 3w5d, you are doing pretty good. It multiplies rapidly, so come 4wks solid you could be well into that bracket.

The fluctuations are huge - literally. For example, 9-13wks, normal is between 21000 and 290000. Second tri (which I am) is 6000 to 100000. I am 13337 ui/l, so low normal too, but extremely pregnant with no symptoms, this bubba isn't going anywhere just yet.

Sometimes I think Drs really do worry women needlessly forever checking the BhCG levels and umming and ahhing over low normals. I don't go near a doc before the second tri because if its gonna stick, it will stick, and if it wasnt meant to be, then having them poking and prodding me and worring me senselessly wont stop it from happening - and probably won't help.

I am sure it is hard to do, expecially with one ectopic - but the best sticky vibes ever can come from mum. Get comfortable with being pg, and I don't doubt the little baby picks up on that.

They'll doubtless run another test and want to see the little spot on the U/S. If your numbers are still within acceptable range, and bub is in the uterus, then just back away from them and try and enjoy yourself.

I have read of many women who have low hCG in early pregnancy only to go on to have healthy bubs. It could just be that you O'd a day or two later than you expected, it is very early days still. Your brown spotting sounds like an implantation bleed, these can either be brown or pink, but never bright red (so I read).

Best of luck, I really hope this bub snugs in nice and tightly for you .

I had brown blood at 6 weeks and everything was fine - in fact my DS from that pg is now 4! Brown blood is usually not a problem so I wouldn't be worrying just yet. Sticky vibes to you hun.

Default it's most probably okay :)

Quote Originally Posted by alana555 View Post
    Froggy - Thanks for your reply. Im praying so badly that its implant bleeding and praying that my next levels sky rocket I will keep you updated

Froggy I have my fingers and legs and everything that will cross, crossed for you!! I hope everything works out for you, and thanks for taking the time to reply.

Anyone else have any advice?

Oh thanks Alana. It's funny - both my husband & I have got into the habit of touching wood every time we talk about the baby. We've become superstitious haha! It's just been so scary, but now we're starting to think everything will be okay. The drs definitely think that it is most likely things will be okay.

I wanted to add something to my earlier post, too. My hcg levels did not double or triple every couple of days like you read that they're meant to. They did rise (perhaps doubling every 5 or 6 or so days), but they did so pretty slowly. The drs weren't worried though. Once they'd determined it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy, they weren't worried. They said that the main thing was that the levels were rising & that it wasn't that important that they weren't doubling or tripling every 2-3 days. That the important thing was that they were rising.

Best of luck. Let us know what your dr says.

PS It's funny that you said you've got your legs crossed for me! Since I've been bleeding beyond 12 weeks, the drs have said now they're concerned that my membranes may rupture. Sometimes I feel like I should keep my legs crossed so that everything just stays in haha! [But don't worry too much about that either if you keep bleeding - the drs I see (& they're at the high-risk fetal unit, so they're really good) said that many women bleed throughout their pregnancies & have healthy babies at the end. No one knows why they bleed, but it all ends up okay. The important thing if you're bleeding is to see a dr, & to know that many times, everything is okay. Best of luck to you and your baby!]

Got my second Beta back today!
    My Beta Result on 12DPO was 27 and my result on 14DPO was 54!!!

Yah it doubled! Exactly.

Im trying not to get my hopes up too much but Im ecstatic with this result!

ohh Alana I just saw this

Congratulations!!!!!

!

That's awesome! Congratulations!!

So I had another Beta today I should get the results tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know with Ectopics if your numbers double at the start but then slow down later or whether they tend to not double from the start?

its hard to say. Some people who have etopics have great numbers and then it starts declining about 6 weeks. Others have very low numbers that dont double.

Hang in there.. your numbers are great. think of the positives darl and take care of yourself.

Everything is crossed for good results tomorrow xoxoxo

Default Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by alana555 View Post
    Got my second Beta back today!
    My Beta Result on 12DPO was 27 and my result on 14DPO was 54!!!

Yah it doubled! Exactly.

Im trying not to get my hopes up too much but Im ecstatic with this result!
    Congrats Alana! Fantastic news.

So i thought I would give you an update asi have had a pretty bad week. My level have been as follows, so it has been a very big concern as they were way below average and not doubling:

12DPO - 27
    14DPO - 54
    16DPO - 56
    18DPO - 117

So today I am 22DPO I have really great news. My HCG level last Thursday was 117 and today (monday - 4 days later) was 890!!!!!!!!!! and Progesteronewas 43.44!!
    I was in so much shock when he told me! I wasnt expecting any good news or a rise like that!!!!!

He did an ultrasound on me (I am 5w2d) and he believes that he can see a sac in the uterus!!!!!! He says it is very early but is 95% sure that it is a sac! I have to go for another scan next Monday and he said I should no a 100% by then but thinks this is the real deal!

I cant believe this, I am in so much shock!!!

Woohoo Alana!!

I'm sending every sticky vibe I have your way.

S xo

WOOHOO! Wonderful news Lana. This really is looking like the start of a beautiful 9 monthy journey! I hope you enjoy it!