Thread: I want the truth!

Default I want the truth!

Please let me know if it's true...

I am wondering if some babies can be lazy???

I haven't had a great deal of movement EVER (sorry I lie, one day I had quite a bit) but other than that not heaps, or hard movements/kicks...

PLease let me know if your baby has been like this (and turned out perfectly normal!) I am getting a bit worried that something is wrong ... I haven't felt the same sort of movements that everyone talks about...

All my scans have shown that everything is normal, except last scan bubs was sleeping and didn't move much... I just can't help but wonder, as I said I don't think that I feel what everyone else talks about...

Thanks heaps...

Melissa,

When I was pg with Olivia I could feel every single movement, & she was a wriggly kick-boxer.........so I expected the same with Charlie.......but it was SO different......I barely noticed he was there at all.......

Whether is it to do with the position of the placenta, or whether some babies are simply more peaceful than others, I am honestly not sure.....but it sounds like all your scans have been normal, so I don't reckon you have anything to worry about.

Now that you are moving into the 3rd tri, also bear in mind that bub is filling up the available space, so chances are you'll feel more rolls than kicks........

Well not mine personally as all 3 of mine have been wrigglers.
    I know of a girl that barely felt any movement at all and her bub came out just fine!
    I can understand why you would be worried. Have a good chat to your OB about it anyway. They are there to hear your worries as well as check your blood pressure etc.

One of mine didnt wriggle very much and turned out fine. He was just a quiet baby and still is.

Melissa,

I never felt Kimberley move until 35weeks and then she was standing on my pelvis that's what it felt like anyway.
    With Alex i had a few days where i wouldn't feel him move at all and some dyas he would. I'd always get the quiet days checked out when it hadn't happened for a couple of days.

Thanks guys it does make me feel better knowing that it can be normal!

I hope this one is like yours then Nat... quiet on the outside too!

Wow michelle - 35weeks for first movement... that makes me feel even better again

my placenta has attatched at the front (anterior placenta) and as a result i dont feel much either. i had always assumed that it was a sleepy inactive baby but at the last scan i had they sais that it didnt stop moving around. when i said that i presumed it was a sleepy one because of lack of feeling she laughed and said umm no it is quite active. so your baby could be moving alot and you just cant feel it.

Sal Guest

I had an anterior (front) placenta too, and that makes the feeling of movement less intense, especially in early pg. In any case, Miles didn't kick that much. He is a placid baby.

Enjoy your baby's emerging personality even at this early stage!!

My DD was also very quiet when I was pregnant with her. I never felt the constant, keep you awake at night kicking everyone always talked about.
    She was also very placid when she was born, great sleeper and has remained so.
    This bub on the other hand, despite my anterior placenta, never sits still! Now I know what people mean but DD was never like that and she is normal Don't worry.