Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ideas on how to tell DH

JoDan Guest

Default ideas on how to tell DH

Hi everyone..

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can surprise my hubby with a BFP.

I will be testing on Sat morn if AF hasn't arrived.. he knows this but will also be asleep when I test as he does night shift..

tiggy Guest

omg Jo,
    I can't think of any right now, I am just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you and keeping everything crossed.
    Will go away and calm myself and come back hopefully with ideas!!!!
    GL Hun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best of luck jo. I did a thread a while ago about the same thing. Ill try and find it for ya

Sal Guest

Oooh Jo how exciting! Amazing you are going to hold off that long!

How about buying a pair of baby booties and leaving them on the pillow next to your DH?

JoDan Guest

ooh Sal, I love that idea!

sorry jo i cant find it. There were heaps of ideas. Wrapping up some booties as a present and giving it to him. Writing a note or card saying "Hi Dad, cant wait to meet you"

katerina said she made a crossword on the internet with really easy clues and answers. Then she gave one to her dh, parents friends etc. when all the words were completed it spelt out something like "we are having a baby on the 13th october 2006".

hth

If you get a pee stick with a lid that goes over the bit you peed on (I can't remember the brand name) you could wrap it up as a present.

Good luck with testing. I've got everything crossed for you.

OMG Jo, how exciting, I`m keeping everything crossed for you

goldilocks Guest

I had planned so many wonderful ways to tell DH when I got a BFP...but when it actually happened I was just so shocked that all I could do was run into the bathroom while he was having a shower and say, 'Please tell me you see two lines!!!' LOL Needless to say I'll do much better next time

Here are some of my ideas:

*Stick a 'baby on board' sign to the car window where he will see it before he drives off to work (or you could paint a 'baby on board' sign on your tummy if you're really creative!)
    *Fill the lounge room/car/cupboard/whatever with pink and blue balloons
    *When you set the table for dinner, set out three plates instead of two
    *Buy a pair of baby shoes and hide them next to his
    *Buy lots of jars of baby food and put them in the cupboard or fridge - somewhere obvious where he's going to find them
    *Send a card to his work telling him the date he's going to become a daddy

Wishing you a BFP very soon!

Love
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

OOOOOOhhhh what a wonderful thread - what lovely ideas!!!! i hope u come up with something gorgeous!!!!! Make sure u let us know. Hope it all goes perfectly for u both

You can get a book (i've seen it in Big W or KMart) called....'So, You're Going to be a Daddy!'.....i'm getting one of those to give to my DH when it happens.....Not only is it a nice suprise way to tell him, but he can also learn lots about pregnancy and birth etc from it, from a males prospective....win win situation i say...

JoDan Guest

Thanks Ladies some exellent ideas.. Just a little scared to test though as not sure if doing too soon which may result in BFN.

Good luck Jo....i have my fingers crossed that it is a BFP for you....

I was going to buy a card that said congratulations and write in it - 'on becoming a dad' and have the test in it as well. But time got the better of me and after work I just went and picked him up and told him when we got home

moving to General Pregnancy

With #2 I gave Dh the stick as a christmas present. It was hard holding the out for about a month but I really wanted to save it for x-mas day. Needless to say I nearly killed him with such a surprise . I also made upa shirt for DS to wear when we went visiting relos on x-mas day saying "santa isn't the only one who came this year, the stork made a visit too" It had a pic of a stork carrying the baby bundle. Strangely no one got it? Oh well, maybe because people assosiate the stork with the actual birth. But I though my family would have been smart enough to work it out.

I love the idea of just putting a pair of booties on his pillow for when he wakes up. Or the Baby on Board one in the car.

Awww girls these are such great ideas - can't wait to put some of them into action one day

Yeah, how did you hold out for a month?

I love all the ideas. With DS I was so excited I burst into tears and ran straight in to the bedroom to wake DH up and show him. With lo#2 DH knew before I did! Apparently I was already showing before I even got the BFP!! I was the one who got the surprise LOL!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast