Thread: Ikea Diktad cot

Default Ikea Diktad cot

Hey

Has anyone got one of these (or know of anyone that does?)

What's you opinion of it...good , bad or ugly!!!

It got a fairly high rating in Choice magazine...but only concern is that it doesn't have drop-sides...do you think that is a problem?

I'd appreciate any opinions/advice re. cots...

Cheers!

Monnie

I have one, never missed the drop sides, love it! nice and cheap too!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'm so childish. I had to post here cos the name of it made me laugh. Surely they could have used a better name? Does it mean something meaningful in Swedish?!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Yep, we've got the cot/toddler bed, change table/dresser, and the wardrobe. Love it!

Lack of drop sides has *never* bothered me! At the moment we have it set up as a toddler bed and it's very cute, and is DS's "little bed".

Change table, love it as well! I can't stand those sideways facing change table attachments on the tops of tallboys, I like baby facing straight ahead of me. Now it's folded up and looks lovely with DS's bits and pieces on the shelves.

Lastly! The wardrobe. Love it because the shelves and bar are totally adjustable and after being up high for me to hang his clothes on, we are about to move the shelves up high for unused things and drop the bar down for DS to be able to hang up and take out his own clothes.

I really, really like this range of furniture. Some Ikea can look too minimalist and I think this set is very warm and classic.

HTH!
    Rachael

Thanks guys...sounds good...

I agree Kelly...strange name...very strange...apparently "dikt" means poetry (just looked it up!!!)

Still....

LOL Kelly!

Monnie - the non drop down sides were a problem for me. I am not overly blessed in the height department, and once Jackson got to the stage where he was pulling himself up in his cot, it it was really hard for me to get him in there without the cot cutting accross my stomach.

Once I got PG again, I couldn't use it at all because of my protruding stomach, so we just put Jackson in a bed @ 18 months. I would suggest if you are planning to have more close together that you get one with drop down sides.