Thread: Im scared.

Unhappy Im scared.

Hi ,

i am now 6 weeks 3 days, for tghe last 2 weeks i have had mild constipation, and cnat seem to do anything to relieve it. it sometimes wakes me up at night.

i am scared i may have a ectopic preg or something...

i dont have any tenderness in my uterus area (which i think i owould have if it was ectopic) and the pain i am feeling is mainly high up around my bellybutton.....and my back sometimes....when i get stressed or upset it starts to hurt a bit.

TMI - Sorry I am using my bowels but it is very scanty... I have had NO bleeding what so ever...when i go pee....

Is it just constipation or could i be something worse.

Constipation is common in pregnancy!!! Drink plenty of fluids & eat as much fibrous stuff as you can to help soften your stools... Passionfruit & kiwifruit are great, but plenty of fluid & you can safely take Metamucil during pregnancy!!! Maybe talk to your OB...?

and the internet dosnt help matters i am so confused. The more i read the more confused i get.

I have appointment with my Doc today.. hopefully give me a scan..and confirm everything is ok..

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

At my old work (aged care) we'd give the residents a full orange first thing in the morning (before ANYTHING) and the fibre would pretty much sort them out. It has to be an orange though, not orange juice....though it might be too citrus'sy for m/s?
    Lots of water x 100!
    I've just started In-Liven and it's helped my bowels immensely.......I wasn't constipated but it certainly made life easier..

"Chocloatecatty "

1 DAY LEFT

Hope you have a very easy labour and thanks for the advice........

Constipation is definitely common in first trimester, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I drank prune juice (sounds gross I know), the taste takes some getting used to but it's all natural and I only had to drink 1/2 glass full to get everything moving again. Hope things go well with the doctor today.

Thanks

I have been considering the prune juice bizo.......

I might have to get some and SKULL it down....... no room for taste here heheheheheheh

Hi,

I have had 2 ectopics.

With them you get pain on one side, low down, around your ovary area (like nestled in your hip) and you have light bleeding that wont stop.

It sounds to me like you are constipated and maybe have a bit of wind.

Always best to get any concerns checked out though.

Good luck.

Hi Girls,

I went to doctor last night and she tested my urine for any infection - all was clear except she said i was dehydrated...

she told me to take coloxyl to help, so last night i took those and ate apples and heaps of water and had salad with dinner.... Much better today, stil have some tummy pains but not like it has been.

pears or pear juice is also good for constipation. It also tastes a little better than prune juice