Thread: Indigestion HELP Zantac is not working!

Default Indigestion HELP Zantac is not working!

Ok so I have bad relux / indigestion normally and was treating it with Nexium then all got better, at 16 weeks it hit me due to pregnancy so OB told me 24hour Zantac and its soo not working, I tried fruit tingles, peppermints, gaviscon, quickeze, mylanta but still no luck its not just a burning sensation either its a sharp stabbing from the back to the front... And I also only eat really small frequent meals trying to help but still not working :/

How did you get through pregnancy with heartburn? What worked for you?

Birth. But that's a little bit far off for you just now...
    Maybe ask your doctor for his next suggestion

have you tried just a glass of milk? I used zantac (150mg/12hr one) in the last trimester, towards the end when it was REAL bad, I would have to get up (always worse at night when lying down) and have a glass of milk or milo or aktavite. seemed to help a bit.
    Can you speakto your doc to see if theresany thing else they can suggest?

I use/d the quickeze chews or mylanta tablets that dissolve in water. With DD I always had water crackers with me & whenever I felt it coming on had 1 or 2

Marcellus - You crack me up!!!!! Only 17 weeks to go then I have my relief hey hehehe!!

Starrysky & Daydream thanks for your advice

I have an OB appointment next monday as he gets back from France this weekend so will be asking him then for sure was hoping for a quick fix in between... I have tried milk but for some strange reason that makes it worse also :/

Best to get it checked out thoroughly by your dr...I had what I thought was recurring reflux but turned out to be inflamed liver from gallbladder attacks. It's fairly common for gallbladder problems to come on during pg. I hope that's not it, but worth getting checked to rule it out. Hope you get some relief soon.

I had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago Marydean so thats ruled out also LOL

LOL yes it does.

I've had it every day since approx 8 weeks preg, it is def worse if i've had a big meal or if i'm hungry.
    Nothing has helped although having a small glass of milk seems to calm it somewhat.
    Maybe give it a try
    Otherwise i'm sorry not much help xo

1/2 tsp of baking powder in 1/2 class of water or milk. Does not taste too good but it often helps.
    You can use less or more water/milk, whatever works for you

Thanks alan I shall give that a go