Thread: Indigestion remedies?

Default Indigestion remedies?

Im starting to get a little Indigestion and heartbur. My Ob said it was ok to take Mylanta, Rennies but i want to try and minimize the use of antacids as much as possible.

Are there any natural remedies that you have tried and worked for you?

Can't help you with anything natural unfortunately. #-o

I have had terrible heartburn with all my pregnancies and Mylanta and Gaviscon haven't touched it. Also tried milk, sleeping elevated etc and this didn't help at all.

This time round, I have been prescribed Zantac and this is the only thing that has given me some respite. I suggest that you speak to your doctor/ob for advice.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Best wishes

Custardtart Guest

I go through phases where certain foods give me worse heartburn than others. I try to avoid foods such as onion, garlic, chilli, capsicum and acidic foods as these set me off.
    Chamomile tea is supposed to be good to settle the stomach, but at times I resort to Mylanta. I don't know of any real 'cure' for it, it's just a matter of grin and bear it, and try and muffle the burps!

Kerrie

I try to have a tablespoon of youghurt before bed, but I must say it tends to not help much, infact all my remedies don't work, having a glass of milk, taking mylanta etc..
    But I still do it & then try to get some sleep!

cacaka Guest

Default Indigestion Remedies

](*,) I am 26weeks pregnant and have suffered quite a lot with indigestion and heartburn. The doctor prescribed Zantac which seems to do the trick but you have to take it everyday. I also take Rennie which seems to also help.

Good luck.
    Anna