Thread: Intelligender

Default Intelligender

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts?

I have done a bit of snooping around on forums and it seems to be pretty correct.

It's a urine test that can be perfomed from 8weeks onwards. Unfortunately it is not available in Oz (Darn) But I am seriously thinking of get a friend in the US to post one out if I order one.

I think the biggest attraction to the test is the ability to perform it in the privacy of your own home. The biggest put-off of finding out the gender at the u/s for me would be that it is under the control of someone else... someone that you really don't know.

I have no real idea how it works, I suppose it picks up the differeing hormones that the bub passes through the placenta, depending on if it's a boy or a girl.

Also for twins, it says if you are having two girls it will show up the girl colour (Yellow) and if you are having two boys or one of each it will turn the boy colour (green).

I think they aren't sending it out of the US as yet due to indiviual countries laws etc.

Very tempting
    Tanya

hmmm, sounds like fun if nothing else..... how much are the tests?

Had to add what Trish has said, I also hate to think of anyone terminating as their chosen Gender was not in the result of the test.

Caro, yep it does happen even in OZ after the 20wk scan....
    Last edited by Tracey; December 29th, 2006 at 01:08 PM.

Tanya I saw this, I think on another site and thought it was a great idea. I would have loved to have something like that available to me. I remember you (i'm sure it was you) telling me about the draino test when I was pg with Tehya

I just worry about the implications of people using it who are trying for a specific gender, who turn out not happy with the result and terminate as a result.

Of course I am not talking about you. Just some people in general. I wonder how accurate it is ??

Oh yeah, was going to ask what they were worth too.

Well you'd like to hope not but I'm sure that there are some pretty desperate people out there.

Caro, I have hear of women terminating after finding out the gender at u/s!! Which is much later of course.

Trish and Tracey, I think those are reasons are why it may not become available here and other countries.

Tanya

OOOH, I am so tempted now to find out the gender of this one, coz It's our last & well I never have before so it will be something different & although neither of us have a preference, I guess it would be exciting to know, but ONLY DH & I would know...
    Cant tell maddy coz she's a blabber mouth & I want everyone else to get a surprise at birth, plus I'd not go do anything til after the birth anyways, I have a stack of nuetral grow suits for Hossy, so no biggie if we need to go out & buy clothes, plus I dont trust the scans anyways so i'd still wiat til birth.... OOOh decisions decision......

Yeah Tanya thats what I thought.

Tracey, I wonder what the percentages are of people that do find out bubs gender prior to birth as opposed to those who wait it out ?? So do you think you'll cave ?? I am far too much of an impatient person I had to know with my last 2

I think in countries like China where they have their 1 child limit and boys are preferred it could be a dangerous thing to have access to. JMO of course.

Yeah fletch, I could never be disappointed, so for me it'd just be a fun thing....

I'd hate to guess Trish how many are terminated in China.........

As for how many find out compared to wait I'd guess it's be 50/%)..

I never found out with my other 2, although at Indah's 20wk scan the lady guessed a 60% guess of girl, but when maddy said YAY I get a sister... The lady said or is it 60% boy!?? So not much info there & what's 60%?

OOOH tempted will see after my 12 wk scan...??

Yeah tanya how much are these little peeing thingy's???

I am not sure if any independant has perfomed a survey to aquire the tests' reliability. but I have read of a lot of women who have tried it and it has been acurate for them.

The test is something like US$35 plus shipping

Caro, I remember when i ws offered the n/t scan, I turned the Dr down because I said I wouldn't do anything about it anyway, even if they found something wrong.

Oh yeah, you can have a look at their web site, it's just the name

Tanya
    Last edited by Tanya; August 1st, 2008 at 01:55 PM.