Thread: Itchy Areola

Default Itchy Areola

Hey ladies.
    Hoping you can help me. Currently trying to wean Dd while pregnant due to pain while bfing now....It happened with Ds too.....but my areolas are dreadfully itchy alot of the time. Just did a bit of googling and found out it is likely the montgomery glands.....and normal. Im just looking for some relief suggestions! Scratching doesnt help especially because If I brush my nipple It hurts.

Default Re: Itchy Areola

Yes it is totally normal, I remember how itchy mine got. Unfortunately I can't recall what if anything I tried! If I think of anything I'll pop back.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Try some organic virgin coconut oil
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

I found dabbing boob juice on them and then air drying helped a bit x

I got this, I hated it! I'd be trying to secretly rub my arms against them through my shirt lol.

First time around I had a sample of lansinoh so I used that, second time I used coconut oil - both worked great.

I hd same problem.. My doc recommended me sorbolene moisturiser.. And it realy helpsItchy Areola

I used lanisinoh or paw paw ointment. Teeki - I didn't bother trying to hide it. Was very funny watching people trying to not watch me.