Thread: itchy belly and boobs

Question itchy belly and boobs

What can i do? I woke up this morning, and i had scratch marks all over my tum from scratching in my sleep - and under my boobs are nearly constantlly itchy.
    I am assuming its got something to do with the skin stretching? Could that be it? Any remedies?
    Thank god i dont have long nails....

ohh no this is not good!!
    Maybe you need to sleep with cotton balls all over your hands??

Ok one sure way to stop scratching is to... Just before going to bed dip the tips of your fingers in boiling hot oil hol them there for 10 seconds = no more scratching.

or

Lots of cream on your body. Something else i have recently heard about is to get some oatmeal put it in pantyhose soak with hot water squeeze out exces water then rub body with pantyhose and oatmeal. to take this one step further you could boil the juice that comes from the oatmeal until it thickens and use this a a cream for your itchy bits (after it has cooled)

I got quite itchy on my belly, but not really on my boobs. I used lots of moisturing cream on the itchy bits, which helped.

Olive oil is good. Just rub it in all over. Can take a bit of time to soak in if you've been a bit too liberal, but it's good for that stretching skin Hope you get some relief soon!

I have found I get a good result with sorbolene that's got lavender oil in it. Smells nice too!

I think Palmers coco butter is great. It makes you feel a bit greasy but it works wonders.

Perhaps also make sure what you wear to bed is 100% natural fibre like cotton, it breaths much better than synthetic material..

Good luck
    Spring

I have a little bottle of Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula- it is the soothing oil type (yellow oily fluid in the bottle, as oppose to the normal cream). The label says for Dry, Itchy Skin and I have found it helpful for the occasions when I've been itchy.

thanks - will get a few different creams from shops today.

Alan - i thought you was serious with the boiling hot oil bit - thankgod i re read it few times before racing out to do it

LOL that preggy brain will get you every time

lol alan all i thought when i read ur post about the oil was like hmmm thats a bit extreme but i guess if it works??? haha i didn't even realise it was a joke until someone else mentioned it haha lucky i wasn't itching when i read it or i may very well have done it!!!

I will ty to make my jokes a little more obvious.
    I can just imagine the DR at the emergency

"and you say a midwife said to put your fingers in boiling oil yo help you stop scratching. .......... Nurse I think we will get psych down here for a consult"

PMSL Alan. I gotta say that I loved the midwives with the sense of humour better than the ones who didn't really have much of one at all.

In regards to the itching...I would find it sooooo itchy at times as well. Try not to have your shower or bath too hot as this will make it worse...that I found hard cos I love a hot bath. I also used Bio Oil whenever I got out of the shower or bath as well as when it felt itchy and it worked really well.

lol alan imagine that!!!! i sware a midwife said it would help!!! they wouldn't let you out for a while after that lol especially being preg they would think i had lost the plot!! although looking back on it had i actually managed to stick my fingers in boiling oil i think i probably would need a psych consult lol lol