Thread: Ithcy Arms and Legs! WHAT THE???

Default Ithcy Arms and Legs! WHAT THE???

OMG! For the last 2 nights in bed i have been experiencing the most itchy arms and legs... with also the tops of my feet and hands itching as well. What is this all about?? I have eliminated all the obvious things... allergies, things in my bed...etc etc. Has anyone else on belly belly has this experience?????? I went to the chemist and she suggested antihistamines but what the hell is it????? I am 6 weeks pregnant!

i was always told by my midwife that if i experienced any chronic itching on my arms to go see her as its a sign for something. but i have no idea what. Just head to ur GP and see what they say

Good luck!

I know that some women get extreme itching during pregnancy. If you don't have any success with your doctor try a naturopath. A work colleague had this with both her pregnancies and she only got relief after seeing one.

Do you have dry skin? It could just be that. Since being pregnant I have had the dryest skin ever and it's so itchy.

i had constant itching with DD.

try the following :

switch to olive oil soap

wash all of your clothes and bedsheets in a sensitive wash

try a good organic body lotion - i love sukin - you could also try their shampoo and conditioner

and even though its not organic QV bath oil will probably really help you.

Good luck - it will probably go away if you do the above

At the start of my preg i got a really itchy back and boobs. I also got really dry skin just on my chin, looked like a rash. Went to the doc and had it checked and she said its just the pregnancy taking moisture from my skin. Try using something like Dove body lotion (or something else, i found it needed to be really oily) twice a day, thats what stopped it for me. But if i forget even once i gets really itchy again.

I've tried Cocoa Butter and that didnt work but 'Bio Oil' did so like i said maybe something oily. Best to check with your doc too though just in case.

Chronic itching in pregnancy can be quite serious. I had it last pregnancy, and it used to keep me up all night - i casually mentioned it to my midwife and she freaked and sent me for a blood test straight away. Admittedly i had the itchiing in 3rd trimester. But i would defn talk to health professional about it .

My blood test came back okay (im not really 100% sure what they were checking for .....), they just put it down to stress.

Good Luck.

I had this too and it was before I got my BFP so I didn't know I was PG. It was all over my belly, hands, feet and legs, lips and ears and it drove me mental. I had to stop using soap when I washed my hands and friz ease on my hair as it would make my hands itch like crazy.

The weird thing was that it kinda settled down in the afternoon and after putting up with it for about a week I decided to get into the Drs and could only get an afternoon appointment. While I was in the waiting room for over an hour it stopped for the day I walked out as I couldn't be bothered waiting any longer to be told it was nothing.

Once I got my BFP I put it down to "one of those things" and put up with it till about 8 weeks and then it didn't happen anymore.

It can be a symptom of obstetric choleostasis, which can be a very serious condition for baby. I don't know if it presents as early as 6wks though, but I would definately go and get it checked out by a dr.

Went to doc... got LOTS of liver tests done but all ok. It must be an allergy or hormones... bit of a misery this one i think. I am taking antihistamines which relives the itching at night. Thanks for your replies