Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's time to pack the hospital bag! Help!

Oh and lip gloss or moisturiser. The aircon can dry them out.

The heat/cool pack is also useful for afterwards. I went to the women's in Melbourne and they had these small frozen packs that they put inside your pad to help with the swelling. To me if felt like I had a giant golf ball down there and the cold packs helped relieve the pain. The heat pack is good also for afterwards when your muscles are hurting from pushing. You'll feel like you went to the gym for the first time in months!
    I forgot one of the most important things, I know it will sound weird but take your pillow from home! My neck was put badly out of place because of the crappy pillows in the hospital and the smell will remind you of home-better yet take your hubby's so it smells like him and it feels like he is always there :-)

Always have lip balm with me, so can't forget that! I hadn't though about using the cold pack afterwards, but incase nobody at the hospital tells me, I will try to keep it in mind.
    I'm also taking the Man's pillow with me. He will be so impressed (not). He can have mine to remind him of me!

Taia's Mum Guest

The good thing is my mum is coming up from Tassie just to look after me! So I can send her home to get me stuff or to the shop to get some food! lol!

Briohny - good news on the Kotex being good - that's the only brand of maternity surfboards my supermarket has!

Sounds like a trip to Best and Less or Big W is on the cards! I've got a few pairs of black undies but I might get a few more just in case - I don't think I'm actually prepaired for how my body will react after the birth!

What about some hotel size shampoo & conditioner??? When I went on holiday I picked up some herbal essence mini shampoo & conditioner, which lasted a week. You can also get mini size toothpaste & body wash, which will work out cheaper than buying the full size if you needed to.

Oooh I pack my normal pillow and one of those big triangle ones!! I used it through the labour as well as afterwards...I love my pillows! hehehe.
    Has anyone mentioned breast pads?? Worth packing just in case your milk comes in - mine did on day 2!
    Definitely soft toilet paper...

Sounds like some great tips for avoiding doubling up! I've added them to my list as well!

OK. So, I've gone through this whole thread and taken notes. Lastnight I went and "repacked" my bag in to a large suitcase (I had a little back pack). I have lollies for me and DH, clothes for him, bathers for him, towels for showering (him and me), a change of clothes, ten million different kinds of tops (I've heard that they need to be easy to take off because if you end up with a drip in your arm, you can't change your top). I have ten million other items in there as well which I'll stop listing.

The crux of the situation is that my bag has quadrupled and I now look like I'm heading off to the Whitsundays for 2 weeks. But at least I'll have most stuff.

Yeah, my bag was massive as well! hehehe...

Taia's Mum Guest

I found some mini shampoo and conditioner in the shop today! So that's 1 thing off the list! Looked through my tops and I will have to buy some I think - none are really suitable for hospital/breastfeeding

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12