Thread: Jarrah Cappuccino

allyfield Guest

Default Jarrah Cappuccino

I have had cravings for Jarrah Cappuccino (I'm not even a coffee drinker) I drink about 3 - 4 cups a day but I have it with half milk. Was just wondering if this was too much to have and whether it can effect the baby?

I've heard that you can have a couple of caffeinated drinks per day. I'd be more worried about the artificial sugar in it (if it uses it that is). I stayed away from their hot chocolates cos of the phenylelanine in it.

I've heard different things, call your midwife or doctor if you want to be sure.
    Or you could google it, but that might just add to the confusion!

Having said that, I'm off to make myself a mocha! Mmmm...

You can have up to 300mgs of caffeine per day. I think the amount in an espresso coffee is about 150mg and instant is about 80mgs where as a cup of hot chocolate is only 10mgs. Ive known people to eat a block of chocolate at a time while pregnant and their babies turned out fine. I think the main stress is more during the first trimester as caffeine can be linked to miscarriage. I think youd be fine with what youre having.

Hey Tanya,
    In my book it says 30g of milk chocolate = 5mg caffeine and 30g of dark chocolate = 20mg so a 250g.. So a block of milk is about 42mg of caffeine and dark is about 167mgs? Go for it eat the whole block!