Thread: Keeping a pregnancy journal....

Talking Keeping a pregnancy journal....

What did you use? That is, if you kept a journal of your pregnancy?

Since finding out we're expecting, I've been writing down a few things about dates etc and thought it would be nice to be able to record important milestones, symptoms etc and how i'm feeling in general over the next 8mths.....

After a book like an Anne Geddes book or something..... can anyone recommend one? I'm not interested in keeping a blog on the net but instead a written journal.

TIA

I just had a document I saved on the computer. Just added the date as I thought of something to write. Then when I finished my pregnany scrapbook I printed it our and added it to the various trimester or weeks it applied to.

They sell pregnancy calendars at the chemist. It is like a normal calendar except has the pregnancy months and is the size of a normal calendar. Each month tells you about where your baby is at, it comes with little stickers for you to mark special events (first time you feel baby kick, first blood test...) It also has room for you to write special notes... go to the chemist and have a look. They are cute and the you can keep it as a nice keep sake!

Hey renstar!
    Congrads on the very exciting news. I have also seen pregnancy calanders in spotlight stores. I know you can get an anne geddes on but they are hard to find. Maybe online?

Thanks girls! I'll check out the chemists near me and i've been looking in the newsagencies but no luck so far... well, i haven't really looked in many places yet anyway

I've seen an Anne Geddes 'pregnancy journal' on ebay that a lady was selling she never used it so was selling it. Looks nice but it's hard over the net, it's good to be able to see it IRL before buying it iykwim?

I'm going to look in a few bookstores tomorrow night and on the weekend see if i have any luck

In the meantime, i've just been typing out things each day on the computer and saving to a word doc (like Kym).

Cherene - wow you are 14wks!!! Love the pic! beautiful!

wow i have just read your great news.

Hey Ren, I gave my friend a gorgeous pregnancy journal (have no idea what it was called or anything! Lol) it was from a gorgeous little gift shop in Mooloolaba. I know that doesn't help much, but they are out there
    Hope all is well darl

Ren I had the Anne Geddes pregnancy journal for while I was PG with DD, I loved it!!! Tried to get one this time round but they are so hard to find so just settled on a different one, still keeping my eyes open though because if I see the Anne Geddes one I might buy it & transfer all the info from my current one.

BTW I think I'm watching the same one on Ebay, I only saw one. Already had a few bids & still a few days to go so I don't know if I'm willing to bid as high as it's probably going to go.

I can really recommend the Anne Geddes one. Maybe go to a newsagents & ask if they can order it in for you? I think I originally got mine from a newsagents.....

Congrats again on the BFP hun! Good luck finding a journal that suits you It's really great to look back on (I've misplaced my last one Hopefully find it soon as I want to compare. I put it "somewhere safe" & now its gone hehe)

DoubleK Guest

Ren my mum bought me a gorgeous pregnancy record book!! she got it from wrappings (you know that beautiful card/gift shop) you can also get the matching calendar..

its a beautiful book, from memory(havent looked at it in a while! its like a pale yellow and green colour, and it has like a cartoon pregnant lady on the front, i think she paid about $30 for it, i highly reccommend that one!!

as for the Anne Geddes one, i will be keeping an eye out for that one! i buy the anne geddes diary every year, so would have loved the pregnancy book to match! i may keep that in mind for next time! im, sure its gorgeous!

have fun searching, and congrats on your BFP!!

Hey Ren, wow Congratulations hun!! Im so excited and happy for you! What fantastic news.

Goodluck with finding a pg journal, i couldnt get one here when i was pg and so it is all still hand written in an excersise book! Have to get back in to the scrap booking.

I received a dairy from my sister. It's a beautifully leather bound A4 book, with recyled-paper pages, that bind with a piece of twine. I just wrote in that, not much of the pg itself, because it was all plain sailing, but more about the birth and afterwards ... my feelings and fears. So it's not really a "Baby-diary" it's more a mommy-diary.
    TBH, I still have to stick some of the u/s pics in the right places.

For this one .... I DON"T KNOW!!! I have not started anything!!!!! I would love to have something, but I am actually terrible at diaries. So something like that pregnancy calender sounds way cool, you just fill in the blanks.
    '
    Goodluck with the writing!!

I've seen the Anne Geddes pregnancy journal, was going to buy one as it looked really cute! But I was scared to start one before 12 weeks, and then I got one from my parents at Christmas (8 weeks). But I think they are gorgeous. I saw them at Big W actually! Along with the calendars etc. it was either in the book section or the calendar/date diary/notebook section.
    Mine is a pregnancy journal by Paula Spencer. It's green and yellow, is broken into sections that expains whats happening week-by-week and also has thought provoking sections that you might not otherwise think about writing about. The only downside is theres no space for free journalling, only prompted journalling. But I like it.

ETA: It might be the one Rach is talking about too...?

Thanks Girls! I'll check out some more gift stores and also BigW.

Yeah i'm after a 'free writing' journal with pictures.... and week to week updates aswell but mainly a journal where i can write in it heaps and lots of space for pasting in pictures maybe.... of my belly!!

I'll see how i go... it's still early days but i'm so excited it's hard not to want to write it all down.

What a great idea, I wish I'd started one!
    I've seen quite a few in bookstores, hopefully you'll have some luck finding what you're looking for.

Thank you girls and thank you for those congratulating me on my BFP!! It's VERY surreal still.... still sinking in!! tee hee.

I bought a Pregnancy Calendar from a gift store tonight! It's kinda cute so bought that although it was $15! I figured it's well worth it and has pictures and info as each week progresses.... already made a mess of it !! hehe

I have ordered from a newsagency a Pregnancy Journal that the lady said they usually sell, with a green cover and it's really thick?? No idea the details of course I forgot to ask her all that but I am happy to have a look when it arrives in 2-3 weeks and see if it's for me. Until then, i'll just keep recording stuff each day on the computer in a Word doc.

Ren I have some in little gift shops around here aswell.

I bought a Pregnancy Calendar from a gift store tonight! It's kinda cute so bought that although it was $15! I figured it's well worth it and has pictures and info as each week progresses.... already made a mess of it !! hehe
    How lovely hun!