Thread: Labour Video

Default Labour Video

At my antenatal class this arvo we watched a video of a woman in labour and give birth. It was quite funny coz the way she was moaning and breathing through her contractions reminded me of Dory in 'Finding Nemo' when she was trying to speak whale. LOL!

ROFLMAO @ THAT !!!!!!!! What a cack. I am glad I never have to sit through another labour video now lmao.

love :smt049

OMG I bet when it comes time for us to go to antenatal classes I will be thinking that now!!! ROFL!

The video we saw was quite strange - the woman made no noise, just a few light puffs, she made it look like the easiest thing in the world! When the head came out, it was like something out of the exorcist - it came out face down and then very slowly (without any assistance from doc) turned 180 degrees to the side and then out came bubba in a rush of water. There was no blood or anything, it was quite bizarre! The midwife told us the head turning is normal, so that bub's shoulders can come through easier but she said not to take that as a true of indication of what birth is like, so I wondered why she even showed it to us. It almost didn't seem real!

Bon

ROFLMAO @ that comment about Dory in Finding Nemo. I remember seeing a birth video at the hospital and it toatally freaked me out seeing it happen. I'm glad I don't get to see down there, when I am giving birth.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

Gawd, I hope they don't show us a birthing video at the antenatal classes! I think it would completely put me off - especially if it's a horrible one. I saw 2 water birth videos at a water birth seminar and they were just lovely! It seriously looked soooooooooo easy. When the video was done, he asked if there were any questions and one mom of 3 went "Why weren't my births like that?" lol .. I was kinda glad he showed nice and easy births.. it's a lot more encouraging than watching a horrible one!

Well i will always dread watching birth videos because when i was in grade 4 during sex ed. they showed us one. It totally freaked me out. I mean i was only 9 at the time! It has scard me for life i reckon

Tegan

Do you have pay t.v ??
    If you do have you watched maternity ward ?? on discovery channel.

Itis good to watch and you see different birth situations. The only thing is it may panic you abit. It does me at times.

Nah, no pay t.v for me

Snowgirl

I had a water birth at home in the bath, and it was very easy.

The hot water makes your endophins kick and it was a beautiful daze, only I didn't feel like I was on drugs. I was really happy with it (even though I'd planned to go to the hospital) because I didn't tear, and after the first initial cry, Brandon was quite calm just looking up at me and didn't seem distressed at all. I'm definately having my next births in water.