Thread: Laptop damaging baby?

Default Laptop damaging baby?

Ok this could sound really silly but i was just wondering if it's a bad idea to sit with the laptop on my lap while i'm pregnant? Do you think the baby could be damaged at all from any kind of radiation or something? It's not like the computer is actually touching my stomach - and if it ever gets hot i figure i've been on it long enough and put it away. Anyway - just wanted to know your thoughts and whether i should worry or not. Thanks! Sorry - i'm a bit of a worry wart these days!

I used the laptop quite often in my pregnancy and Ashton is fine

Lvoe

Oh good stuff!

I personally wouldn't rest the laptop anywhere near my tummy, but I'm also funny about microwaves during pregnancy too. I think if its on a table or away from you its fine. Its also the heat from the laptop you have to worry about anyway as some get quite hot.

*hugs*
    Cailin

I used a laptop, and yeah.. was more worried about heat than radiation. Most radiation comes out the back of computer equipment.. hence it's more unhealthy to sit behind someone elses monitor at work.. like workstations that face each other and you're behind their monitor.

I wouldn't worry too much Rae... altho I also wouldn't over do it. hehe. If I should have worried about anything, it's sitting in our office surrounded by loads of equipment... but Tallon turned out fine (so far anyway! LOL)

Yeah it's not really the heat i was worried about as i never have it near me if it is hot - it was the other effects. Do you think it'd be better if i was to put a pillow or something between my belly and the laptop....i don't have a desk to sit at - just sit on the lounge with it on my lap or infront of me?

Oh thanks for that Liz - that makes me feel a bit better

I think a pillow would be a great idea.

You could if you're worried about it. OMG Rae - you're nearly through the first tri already! :eek:

confusedegg Guest

Rae, i wouldnt worry too much about the laptop. i have used mine since i was preg and so far no problems with the bubs.

If your real concerned, talk with your obstrician.

All the best

Thanks girls!!!

Liz - i know!!!!! This preg seems to be flying already....just praying this m/s part will be over quick smart.