Thread: Left Ovary?

storm04 Guest

Default Left Ovary?

Not sure if this is the right place to put this still learning all this!

Tell me anyway when i had my scan the other day i was told bubs was concieved from my left ovary, does this mean anything?
    I have never had a doctor mention that before thats all and well its like 4am here and i cant sleep and was thinking about it just now!
    Does it have any effect on the gender of bubs or anything or it doesnt mean a thing?
    Just figure if he was looking where it come from it could mean something

Thanks

Jen

OMG how would they know that? It would have to be an assumption based on where the little embryo had implanted, I would think. Or maybe they could see the empty cyst on the ovary that the egg had popped out of?

I wouldn't imagine it would mean anything in particular for your child though. The gender of bubs is determined based on whether it gets and X or a Y from dad. Although, metaphysically, the left side represents Ying, Female, Receptive, etc. But that's not enough to affect gender!

storm04 Guest

LOL thats what i want to know, why would they even look there!
    He was checking my kidneys etc having a good look around my belly i guess and then mentioned that i might ask my doc when i go next!
    I have never had it happen ever thats all and found it wierd!
    Thanks Marydean glad i am not the only one that thought it was odd!

No. It doesn't mean anything for the baby. It was just the doctor/sonographer talking out loud. They can see the 'corpus luteum' on the ovary you ovulated from. It remains large during the 1st trimester & secretes hormones to make your endometrium grow-grow-grow to nurture bub. After the 1st trimester, the placenta will produce the hormones & the corpus luteum isn't needed (it will shrink away or burst). cool eh?

storm04 Guest

Wow thanks heaps!!

I wonder if they have different personalities based on which ovary they came from LOL?

Maybe they are left handed LOL - just joking it has NOThING to do with it!

Castle explained it all exceptionally well. It means nothing particular to your little one - just interesting to know his/her ovary of origin!
    Goodluck with your pregnancy...

i have a luteal cyst in my right ovary... was painful at first, but i'm hoping it's dissolved by now... or soon.

does that mean i'm having a yang baby... ie. maybe a booooy???? where does one learn about these metaphysical goings on?

Just moving this to Pregnancy General Discussion.