Thread: Location of Baby

Default Location of Baby

I have a bit of a daft question here, but would be interested to know. In the very early stages of pregnancy, where abouts would the embryo be located in our tummies? Would it be right below our belly buttons lower down or up a bit near or above our belly buttons?

Just wondering cause I've got no idea!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It would be below at 8 weeks - your uterus leans outwards - which is why they say to lean forwards with contractions as it works in the same direction as your uterus
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Early in PG bub is nestled right down behind your pelvic bone. Towards the end of the 1st tri, as bub gets bigger, the uterus starts to grow up and out of the pelvis. I don't think it's until around the middle of the PG that the top of the uterus is at your belly button

gurnz - even at 38 weeks i still had no idea about were charlie was lying!! all my friends kept saying that they could feel were there baby was but it wasn't till i got put in hospital and they used to put me on the machine for charlies heartbeat that i found out were he was lying

have a great pregnancy - enjoy every minute of it!

Thanks Jacci, it certainly opens your eyes and it all seems such a miracle to me!