Thread: Long Haul Travel When Preggers??

mummymeegs Guest

Question Long Haul Travel When Preggers??

Just wondering if anyone has had the pleasure (or displeasure!) of having to fly long distances when pregnant?

I am just 20 weeks (will be 22 when I leave) and I have to travel to Dubai for work. Pregnancy is normal so no probs about actually going, and travel insurance will cover up to 26 weeks. But I thought that you guys may have some hints and tips for what to do on a long flight? Or even better if you have been to Dubai or Oman and have some advice on what I may need to do or to take with me??

Thanks Gals!

I was 21 weeks ( or somewhere around there ) when I had a flight from Europe to Australia with a nigh stopover in Malaysia. ( so all in all it took about 2 days ) ..
    Luckily I didnt have a belly at all yet , so I was still sitting normaly in the chairs but I did buy myself a really daggy but extra comfy tracksuit , and as soon as I settled in my seat I took my shoes off.
    The most common advice I got was to drink heaps of water , and keep walking around as much as you can !
    We will be doing the trip again in January when the baby is 6 months old.. and i think THAT will be the hard part!

Enjoy your trip

Because DVT can be more common in pregnant women just be extra vigilent about moving your legs & walking like Enigma said, and drink heaps of water.

I flew from Europe to OZ when I was 22weeks and didnt find it as uncomfortable as I had thought (granted I didnt have much of a tummy yet). I also managed to get an exit row seat which was great, as I could stretch out my legs. See if you can either prebook one of these seats or ask when you check in. On my return trip I was 32 weeks pregnant and was in business class which was heaven. Your going for work right? Any chance they would pay for a business ticket? Like the others have said, walk around a lot and drink heaps of water.