Thread: Lose a Tooth For Every Baby?

Default Lose a Tooth For Every Baby?

Just after reading the Dentist thread I wondered...

There's an old wive's tale that says your lose a tooth for every baby you have. So has anyone found this to be true?

I have! I broke a tooth at 6 months pregnant & had to have it pulled.

Nope no teeth missing for me after 2 kids, and no teeth missing for my mum after 3 kids

Love

I also broke a tooth in the early weeks of my pg (before I even knew I was pg!)... I had it capped, but it has broken again... no doubt when I next get the nerve to go to the dentist it will have to be pulled...

Custardtart Guest

It really is an old wives' tale, coming from times when women became calcium deficient through poor diet during pregnancy. These days with correct diet and supplementary vitamins and minerals, there should be no reason for dental problems - apart from the odd accident as described above!

Kerrie

8-[ I died twice as a youngin from Asthma & Pneumonia, so was on steriods for a long time, for my heart, I have always had weak teeth, that can break on a sandwich, I have had about 8 teeth out (up back mostly) & on to my 2nd child so I hope not to loose anymore!!!!

im only pregnant with my first - but i hope it wont happen to me!!

keeping up the calcium!!

Linda

I had one wisdom tooth out last year before I was pg, but it was 7 years afer I'd had DD. I don't think that really counts does it? Guess I have to wait 7 years after this baby's born to see if there's a pattern