Thread: Low Blood Pressure...

Default Low Blood Pressure...

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if these values are considered low, and is it dangerous? This is what my bp was when i was preg at each ob appt;

118/66 week 9
    120/66 week 14
    110/60 week 18
    110/48 week 23
    108/46 week 35
    108/80 week 38

At week 30 I also got a sudden bout (sp) of alot of white flickering in my eyes, then blurring, and dizzyness. It lasted for about 20mins then went away and didnt get it again. Could this be related to my bp?

The last 38 week reading looks normal.
    The earlier ones are a little low but it's normal for your bp to drop in second trimester. It looks like it's normalising again now so I wouldn't worry

Yeh, ive heard its also normal to for your blood pressure to be lower during the first trimester as mine was 98/58 at the time and has been 110/55 since.

I have also noticed this pg my blood pressure dropping at each vist but its never been mentioned as a concern. I have another visit tomorrow so I might ask then If I should be doing anything to help it stay up.

My last reading was 110/70 and has been my highest so far this pregnancy... During the first trimester my readings were around 90/60 and I was having issues with it dropping. Usually in the last few months your BP should increase, but not necessarily. HTH

Fruitwood Guest

Hi my blood pressure sat at around 90/50 for the whole of my pregnancy. I had alot of problems with it falling really low and by the 2nd trimester I couldn't go out by myself anymore as the dizzy spells and fainting were becoming too regular. I couldn't even stand in the checkout line for more than 60 seconds or everything would go black around me and I would get tunnel vision. Hope everything goes well for you.