Thread: Lucozade

Default Lucozade

I have this urge to drink lucozade atm and its driving me crazy. I know its got a lot of caffiene in it so im limiting myself to 2 a week. Everytime I go past a shop i wana buy one its terrible! I dont drink tea/coffee/coke etc or eat much choc so do you think that it is ok? Or has it got other stuff in it that I should avoid. Not sue if over worrying or not

i drink a couple of cans of coke a day if that helps?? i am not sure how much caffiene lucozade has in it but i am sure in moderation it would be ok?

I actually didn't realise it had caffeine in it!?!?!?

It actually depends on what studies you look at regarding caffeine intake and pregnancy and whether you can consume it during pregnancy.

I limit myself to one coffee a day and one/two cups of tea. I've done this with all my pregnancies. I just make sure I have enough calcuim as caffeine prevents it's absorption.

I'd rather have one lucozade/day rather than be driven crazy by the pregnancy craving hormones. YOu may find it is a passing faze, or not!!!!!

Lynnette x

I don't think caffeine in moderation is bad with pregnancy. Having said that, I gave up completely when pg with DD and am making an effort not to have too much this time - 1 to 3 cokes or coffees a week (or less if I can manage it). My reasoning? Even though small amounts of caffeine are not a problem in pregnancy, I want to breastfeed, and I DEFINITELY don't want the baby getting tanked up on caffeine and refusing to sleep. In my opinion, its beter to break the caffeine addiction while pg than when with a newborn and so tired you can't think straight!!!! I would stay away from energy drinks like red bull etc with large amounts of caffeine and guarana, but I don't think a small amount now and then is going to hurt anybody.

Thanks girls- there's so many warnings about this and that these days it can freak you out a bit. As long as I dont go nuts with it and keep it in moderation ill keep what im doing.