Thread: Magnesium Tablets

Default Magnesium Tablets

I woke up this morning with the worst leg cramps i have had so far, so i brought some magnesium tablets today.
    Its a Natures Own Brand - 500mg. On the bottle it says 1 tablet, twice daily with food. Is this dosage ok? I also take a Blackmores pregnancy multi-vitamin, that has 30mg Magnesium in it.
    Or, should i just take one a day?

Try one a day and see if it helps. If not, check with your doctor and up the dosage to two if all is okay.

I took the Blackmores ones towards the end of pg too as I was cramping quite severely. They did help a bit.

The other thing they say helps with cramps is calcium, make sure you're getting plenty in your diet.

I also think this has a lot to do with hot weather (personal theory) since I suffered horribly in early PG when we lived in Darwin. But this time - nothing so far (fingers crossed).

I hope you get some relief soon as it's an awful sensation.

can i suggest rennie tablets as being good for getting rid of cramps (as well as indigestion). they are just calcium and magnesium.

i have found that i still get cramps, just not as bad now, can generallyt stretch out in bed, and they go away. Where as before, would near bring tears to my eyes, and would take what seemed like ages to get rid of them.