Thread: Magnetic Therapy and pregnancy???

Default Magnetic Therapy and pregnancy???

Hey Guys,

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

I have just bought some magnetic items to try and help me with relaxation and aches and pains.

I have read somewhere it is not good to wear them whilst pregnant? Is this true?

Is it ok to wear while ttc? what happens if i am pregnant already (wont know till the weekend)..will it do any harm?

does anyone have any great stories about these working for them? would love to hear anything. thanks!

Hi Danni,

I have also heard that its not recommended to use magnetic products whilst pg, however I honestly dont know if it would be harmful at this early stage...? I guess my instinct says it probably wouldnt do any harm at such a very early stage of the pg?
    Is there a phone number you can call that came with the products so you can ask?
    Sorry I couldnt be of much help...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yep not a good idea I'm afraid...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hi Kelly, could you tell me why its not a good idea? and is it ok to use until i have a cinfirmed pregnancy? incase i am only 3 weeks preg at the moment?

thanks

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Mainly because there is no study done on the safety of using them. So it's best to not use them especially around the abdomen.

I'll move this to general pregnancy discussion in case someone else would like to know.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

What about a magnetic woolen under blanket for the bed??? I was just about to put the new magnetic one on the bed!! What harm could this do to bubs?

kirsty Guest

I'd be interested to know about the underblanket ones too, so if anyone knows please share.

Or else I'll ask my OB when I see him.