Thread: massive mood swings confusion

seekinghelp Guest

Cool massive mood swings confusion

hi all was wondering is it normal for my partner to be confused and masive mood swings

she seems quiet happy and content to be pregnant this is her second child

and in the next breath all hell breaks loose i am not taking it to heart or personal
    but how long will this last we are in our 6th week pregnant

is this common with any other women out there or am i just one of the lucky ones
    just kidding

am not sure how to approach this

Hi Seekinghelp - it's so nice to see a male on here trying to help his partner - Good on you! I had massive mood swings with both pregnancies - sorry to tell you. I think they are fairly common. I would be happy one minute then DH would do or say something and I would explode (then think "why did I just do that"). All I can say is just ride with it and don't take things she says personally (we usually don't mean what we say LOL!!!). Be supportive and it doesn't last the whole pregnancy. For me it was in the early stages and the final stages (when we are just over it!).

Good luck with it all.

I remember absolutely losing is with (ex)DP when i was pregnant cause it was a gorgeous day and he said he'd take me out for dinner. When i discovered nothing fit y fat belly i started yelling at him to go out for dinner on his own cause i wasn't coming.
    Honestly, the hormones make you crazy. I knew i was being irrational but couldnt help myself either.
    Sadly, i was like this the entire pregnancy. I hope you don't get too scared by that!
    Good luck with it all

Lol Dee.

I haven't been too bad. A few times I've just let it go and then when I've gone and said sorry after, DH just says it's ok I know it's pregnant brain...lol. I would suggest though that saying that to some people might invoke it again, with me it was ok cos I blame everything on it myself. I hope this gets better for you really soon and good on you for seeking information to help both yourself and your partner

seekinghelp Guest

hey love my girls

thanx for that its sort of reassuring if you know what i mean

its also pretty scary

thanx

seekinghelp Guest

hi now your just tring to scare me right

the entire pregency

thanx

seekinghelp Guest

i like the sound of your experience better blaming your self

yes i like that

thanx

You are such a lovely partner SeekingHelp! It's lovely that you are so caring and supportive of your partner.

Like the other girls said, pregnancy hormones sure do play havoc on our moods! But I am aware of part of your partners history (from another thread you posted) and would just like to point out that *some* of the mood swings may be related to that - especially if she has begun a maintenance or withdrawal program. If you are at all concerned about it, it is a good idea to discuss it with your caregiver on the off chance it is a little more than the pregnancy hormones.

Good on you for being such a loving and caring partner and keep up the good work.

MG

seekinghelp Guest

hey mother goose than for that im sure its a little of both

what im not sure about is how to handle it

if i avoid the problem im not caring if i bring it up im being to posessive

catch 22 bit confused myself

thanx anyway

Seekinghelp - I think my husband could relate to you on that one! And I hate it when he asks me what I'm upset about - can't he read my mind??? Unfortunatly there is no real way to deal with mood swings regardless of the cause. All you can do is be patient and try not to take it personally - even when it seems very personal. You partner can learn ways to deal with her moods and emotions but if it is something she is going to hold against you if you bring it up, it might be something she can tackle in counselling if she is receiving it as part of her program (I am only assuming you were able to get into one?). Hang in there, you are doing a fantastic job. It's never easy dealing with a women in either of the circumstances you are and your partner are facing - let alone when the two get combined. Keep up the good work.

MG

seekinghelp Guest

thanx
    yes she did get into a programme been 1 month now but unfortunatly she fell off programme and had a drink which is another of many addicitions she has

will start again

thanx

jo/suz