Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Maternity Bras

Default Maternity Bras

Hi
    I am 13 weeks preg and wanted to know when i should buy mat bras. I am a 12B but i have gone up to a 12C . Should i just go buy some cheap bras with underwire for now and then at 4-5 mths buy mat bras or should i buy mat bras now?
    Also when is it best to stop wearing underwire? Do all mat bras have the clasp for breast feeding coz i dont want to buy that one just yet?

Am clueless when it come to this

Tks
    Sara

Hey Sara,

It is advised to stop wearing underwire straight away. When I found out I was pg I went out the next day and bought some wireless bras. I'm also a 12B and I dont think I have gone up a size yet!! I am not too sure when I am going to get a maternity bra, I think it all depends on how quickly boobs grow in the second tri. But I think I am thinking about going and getting fitted maybe around 5-6 month mark if boobs still havent grown or when these bras start getting uncomfortable! I am also pretty clueless when it comes to this but I think it all depends on each individual..

Hi Sara,

Firstly, it is said that you should stop wearing underwire at the start of your pg. I think this is something to do with allowing the milk ducts to develop correctly???? (please correct me if I'm wrong anyone!). Whatever the reason, I certainly have stopped wearing my old bras and started off wearing cheap soft bras. I don't have much to support so that is not a prob. for me I was a 12A and am now a 12B. Just last week though I succumbed and bought a maternity bra....thank goodness! It is so much more comfortable! I didn't get fitted, just bought one on spesh, and plan on getting more today. I will get fitted later on, closer to the birth, to ensure I def. have the right size etc.

And yes, all mat. bras have the clasp, but it's not something that I really notice, it's just nice to have a comfy bra! That said, my other bras probably did from 4-20 weeks so I'm happy with that. By about 12 weeks i wouldn't have wanted to be wearing underwire, too uncomfy

Good luck!

Default Halter maternity bras

HOPE I PUT THIS IN THE RIGHT SPOT

I was wondering if anyone knows of a company who makes halter maternity bras. i have some awsome trendy clothes that would really suit for feeding but i have to ware a halter bra.
    and though i found some sexy ones (have only seen them in melbourne though) noone has been able to tell me if anyone makes halter.

i think i will have to buy a regular one and take it too a deass maker to alter otherwise.

i don't know why they think just because we are feeding we want to ware our nans underware.

hope someone can help.

I haven't seen any around, and personally couldn't think of anything more uncomfy, but I'm with you on the nan's underwear comment!

There's probably a reason why, like it wouldn't give the right support or something. Have you looked around online? Sorry I can't be of more help!

Hi Sara - I am 12 weeks (tomorrow!!) pregnant and have noticed my breast size has increased but it just means I finally fit into bras that I wore BEFORE i fell pregnant with Marnie. I was fitted at Myer - (who were terrific!) at around 4 months. The lady fitted me with a maternity bra and showed me how to increase it as the pregnancy wore on and then how to decrease the size around my middle after I had the baby. It was very comfortable (i bought some cheap sports singlets to wear to bed as my breasts were very uncomfortable.) I think it was a triumph.
    At around 7 months I was getting very sick of my maternity bras and went to Target and fitted myself with a couple of 'pretty' bras. THis was a great confidence boost and also meant I had 'newish' bras to wear after the birth.
    I breast fed for 12months and I still wore my maternity bras until the last day.
    Good luck. I suppose my best advice is to get fitted!

If you didnt want to spend $20 or so on mat bras now, and wait till your further along, ive found some cheap bras that dont have underwire do just the trick....ive been wearing mat bras for 15 months now (pg with #2, then breastfeeding and just found out im pg again with #3), and im in need of upgrading, im not going to go out now and buy them, coz i know in next few months im going to expand, so will just stick with the cheap wireless bras.

Like others have said, you really wouldnt notice the b/f clasp if your not going to use it.

But yeah, wouldnt wear an underwire bra.....ohhh how it would be nice to wear a sexy bra again LOL

~Jane~ Guest

I still haven't been fitted (have been a bit busy) and didn't think much of it. I am 15 weeks and things don't feel that much bigger, but I had an early pregnancy class last night and they were discussing back pain, particularly between the shoulders, which I have been having. Apparently even a small increase in size can be enough to cause pain. So I am off on Saturday to get fitted and get the right support happening and hope this helps things.

I don't remember wearing mat bras at all last PG - I waited until the end and went out and got some then! I bought a cup size bigger than I was PG, so that when my milk came in they fit perfectly!

Might have to do something differently this time tho, the boosies are starting to burst forth from their moorings and I'm noticing I'm quite sore under my armpits as well (yes there's breast tissue there too). Just dread the bra shopping experience as they are so light on the larger sizes....

I got my maternity bras with the clips at 9 weeks coz my bbs went from a 14c to a 14dd straight away. I got mine from Target when they were 40% off coz I wasnt sure if they were going to increase much more and luckly they havent. I dont mind the clips actually i havent noticed them, but they do come in handy for fun times with my fiance' IYKWIM!!!!!
    I was told that you should stop wearing wire as soon as you find out. Some people have told me to get fitted, but I am happy with my purchase.
    Good luck and i hope that helps
    Melissa

I stopped wearing 'normal' bras after they started to get uncomfortable. I went Myer to got fitted at about 16 weeks. The girl who ffited me was great and made sure that the mat bras I got would allow for continued growth of my bb's during the pg. She also said that I should go up to the next fastener on the bra each month to accommodate my growing bb's.

I've been looking for one of these as well, but haven't had any luck finding one...

Maybe just a non underwired regular halter bra and just pull the cup to the side at feed times?

i could never find one of these either.

I have been 'fitted' three times; at 4 months, 5 months and 6 months. A word of warning, especially if you are a busty girl, get properly fitted at Myer or DJ's NOT Bras n' Things. I went this past weekend to be fitted since I was falling out of a 14E that I had been 'fitted' for and was fitted to a 12F. The DJs lady was fantastic, explaining HOW it should fit, when to move the clasps and making sure I had a little room to grow in the cups. She had a look of horror on her face when she saw the bra I was wearing and found out I'd been fitted for it. She apologised, even though I had been fitted elsewhere! I tell you, the difference between a properly fitting bra and a poor fitting bra is AMAZING. My boobs no longer ache at the end of the day, neither do my shoulders and upper back and I don't have a bra riding up toward my neck either!

DJ's and Myer might be a little more expensive, but the difference is worth the extra expense IMO. I am rather busty though so it was probably more noticable for me than it would be for a smaller girl.

HI,

you should do what ever is best for your body, I started at a 16 D and I'm up to a 16dd.
    I went and just bought cheapie bras from target, and tried on on plain non underwire bra and one mat bra. that was well over a month or so ago. I bought both at the time as they both fitted, however I favour the mat bra because it is coping with my bust size better. where the ordinary bra is just too tight now.

Re the clips, I haven't really noticed them, but there was no way in hell I was telling DH what they were and how they worked, because he would play with them all the time. Lol

I went to Myers last night, and brought 2, Loveable range i think they where. I liked them cause they where abit plain - great for wearing under t-shirts etc. Also go up to bigger sizes. Ihave gone from a C, to now a DD. I could not believe the difference i felt between trying on bras, and then putting on my old bra. Certainly worth the expense ($40 each - so not to bad) I didnt get fitted, but, i think i will next time i decided i need some bigger ones
    Oh, i did show DH the clip bit, but, i wasnt wearing them at the time, he may not have fully appreciated the advantages that he would be getting - i know he is going to irritate me now!! hahaha

I HAVE FOUND SOME REALLY GREAT maternity BRAS THEY ARE BONDS ONES AND ARE SO NICE TO WEAR AND ARE BOUT $20 MAYBE $25 BUT SO WORTH EVERY CENT THE ALSO HAVE THE SINGLES FOR BOUT $27

Well I had the day off yesterday and ended up at the shops and thought that I would have a look at Kmart to see what sort of maternity bras they have cause I wanted to buy some because current bra is getting a bit comfortable. And guess what....

They didnt have my size!! I think I am a 12 b-c, bbs havent really changed that much yet. Or I could possibly be a 14b-c.. but doh! Forgot to look at the 14s..

I didnt really like the range they had at kmart.. Are there any nice looking maternity bras or are they all pretty ugly looking?!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast