Thread: Maternity clothing - Melb

Default Maternity clothing - Melb

Just wondering if anyone can tell me where there are any maternity clothing factory outlets/discount stores in Melbourne? I know in Geelong there is Maternal Instincts which on Saturdays has a discount store open (good discounts).

Thanks

Hi Bridee,

I think Pea in a Pod have one at Collingwood (Johnston Street). Have you got a copy of the Nappy Bag book? I think there are some listed in there. My copy is currently in the boot of the car - which is with DH! But I will have a look when he picks me up in a few hours and get back to you. From memory there are some out Dandenong way?

It's going to be a bit of a hike if you live Geelong way but I found Maternity Mode at Preston to be really good. They have a wide range of brands and are relatively cheap - I got a pair of jeans there that were cheaper than if I had gone to the brand shop...

HTH

MG

I can second both those places MG mentioned. I loved them both.

Pea in a Pod factory has great stuff. One of the things I got from there was a belly band which is just a piece of lycra. They come in all different colours. I bought a lavender one which matches most of my wardrobe and I wore it and wore it and wore it ... it covers the area between your shirt and your pants. A real lifesaver both before and after pg.

Also, not sure what size you wear but if you fit into the sample size, you can get them really cheap. I bought some things for $10.00 each or something ridiculous.

Maternity Mode was great. Bought some really nice shirts there that I'll keep for next pg. They are on Plenty Road at Reservoir, just before Target.

there is also belly basics which is mail order, omline & sold in some maternity shops (sorry all the ones I know are in toorak as its walking distance from my work)

ebay is also good.

ETA: I just checked out the belly basics website and they have a lot of stuff on sale at the moment...

There is also a good factory on North Rd, Ormond.. will have to look up the details. They have good stuff, but they get new stock like every week, so its a bit of hit and miss there

I liked a lot of the stuff i got from ebay also

I thought that that one closed down last year? Not sure - they don't advertise in the heraldsun anymore.

they were there a few weeks ago when i drove past

thats great! I loved that shop too!

Ive been to both in Ormond recently - both are good - one is better than the other but i cant remember which one- i think its the bigger one!
    Ive also jsut bought 4 tops for work from Temt - not maternity and ALOT is a not appropriate but many of the tops are empire style with great stretchy fabric. I just bought one size bigger than my normal size -plus they are super cheap. I went to the one at Knox. Hope it helps!

I'm back with my Nappy Bag book!
    There is a place listed called Motherhood Maternity Warehouse at 487 North Road Ormond (Ph 9578 0589)

Belly Button Maternity has a clearance centre at 340 High Street Northcote

That's all that is listed for warehouses in the book - sorry.

HTH

MG

Belly Button have a clearance centre? Hmmm. They moved from Northcote last year I thought and went to Fairfield.

I'll have to check.

Possibly Melbo, I got the info out of the 7th ed of the Nappy Bag Book which is the latest one (to my knowledge).

Thanks MG.

The new nappy bag book is due out next month

I was at Mother2Be in Church St Richmond last sunday and they had a $20 rack - managed to get 3 items that fit me and looked really great from that rack. Which is pretty hard to do as I'm a 6 - so they would have had more stuff in the normal sizes. Even their full price stuff was good value, cheaper than I've seen up here.

Bump, Belly & Beyond on Keilor Rd, Niddrie has some good prices for maternity clothes. They have an on-line store too if you want to see some of their stuff first.